PSA and Changan to Launch One-Ton Pickup In 2020
After getting back in the pickup truck business earlier this year with the new model simply called “Pick Up,” the PSA Group has announced today it will soon commence work on a one-ton workhorse slated to arrive by 2020. While the Pick Up built with Dongfeng is based on an older platform that dates back to the late 1990s, the next pickup to come from PSA is going to ride on a new platform developed in collaboration with Chinese joint-venture partner ChangAn.
The yet unnamed model is going to be assembled in Dingzhou, China at ChangAn’s existing factory tailored to light commercial vehicles. Unlike the aforementioned Pick Up sold exclusively in Africa, the new one-ton pickup will be available in global markets.
The two companies have promised the pickup will be engineered to meet “the most stringent worldwide regulations and customers expectation with a very strong design and uncompromised quality and durability.” Other LCVs are expected to benefit from the new platform, following the pickup’s launch in 2020.
This tie-up is part of PSA's “Push to Pass” master plan, which calls for tripling overseas sales of LCVs by 2021, following a projected 30-percent hike in 2018 compared to current volumes.
PSA’s announcement comes only a few months after revealing plans for a closer collaboration with ChangAn Automobile to bolster the DS luxury marque in China by launching one new model each year starting with 2018. A year later, the DS premium brand will begin to add plug-in hybrid and fully electric vehicles to its portfolio tailored to the People’s Republic.
It remains to be seen whether the one-ton pickup truck will be sold in Europe where more and more companies are joining the segment. Recent examples would have to be Mercedes with the X-Class and Renault with the Alaskan, both of which are based on the Nissan Navara. It could make it onto the old continent considering Europeans are buying more and more one-ton pickup trucks, with deliveries increasing by 19 percent to 80,600 units in the first half of 2017. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- New Generation Chang’an Kaicheng F70 Large Pickup Truck Makes its Debut 2019-10-31
- Changan KAICENE F70 Pickup Makes Its First Show 2019-06-06
- Changan Launches Light Commercial Vehicles in Pakistan 2018-10-19
- FAW, Dongfeng and Changan Signed Strategic Cooperation Agreement 2017-12-12
- Methanol Automobile Passes the Acceptance and to Come on the Market 2017-07-26
- Changan may Launch New Pickup Model in 2014 2014-07-22
- HD Truck Market to See Rebound 2013-07-31
- Changan Shenqi Hits Small Truck Market 2012-11-12
- Hebei Changan Auto approved to produce commercial vehicles 2011-11-04
- Changan commercial vehicle project with 150,000 production capacity finished 2011-10-31
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY