Linglong to Build Tire Factory in Serbia
Shandong Linglong Tire Co. Ltd., China's third largest tire maker with annual sales of more than $2 billion, has selected a site in northern Serbia for a $994 million consumer/commercial tire plant.
The plant, to be built in three phases over six years, will be Linglong's second overseas factory and sixth overall. The first overseas plant opened in Rayong, Thailand, in 2014.
In an Aug. 20 filing with the Shanghai Stock Exchange, Linglong said it chose the site, in the Zrenjanin Free Trade Zone, because of the region's "cost advantage."
"The government's economic policy is to attract foreign investment, create jobs, reform and revise investment," according to the filing.
The investment and the establishment of a Serbian entity—Shandong Linglong Tire Co. Ltd. Overseas (Serbia)—will need the approval of the Chinese National Development and Reform Commission.
Linglong said it expects construction work on the 4.2 million-sq.-ft. plant will start in April 2019. The project will be completed in three phases, and at full capacity can produce 13.6 million high-performance radial tires per year—12 million passenger, 1.6 million truck/bus and 20,000 off-the-road tires.
Full completion of the three phases is set for March 2025.
Linglong has been searching for a site for its second overseas plant since early 2016, when Linglong Chairman Wang Feng announced the company's "3+3" strategy of development, with three plants in China and three internationally.
That strategy since has morphed into a "5+3" strategy, and Linglong recently broke ground on its fourth Chinese factory, and $875 million project in Hubei Province with a rated capacity of 12 million passenger tires, 2.4 million truck/bus tires and 60,000 OTR tires.
The Chinese company said it studied a number of sites in other Eastern European states, including Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary before opting for Serbia due to its "low labor and energy costs."
The company also is mulling the construction of another international production base, with the U.S. high on the list of potential sites.
Zrenjanin is a city of about 75,000 located in Province of Vojvodina, roughly 50 miles north of Belgrade and situated on a tributary of the Danube River. The Zrenjanin Free Trade Zone covers an area of 98 hectares and offer free trade-zone benefits.
Linglong will become the fourth tire company with a factory in Serbia. The others are: Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. (in Krusevac); Group Michelin (Pirot); and Trelleborg Wheel Systems (Ruma).
Linglong is represented in the U.S. by Linglong Americas Inc., a subsidiary in Medina, Ohio. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Linglong's Brand Value Increased to Nearly 60 Billion 2021-07-08
- Linglong Listed on Top 10 Most ValuableTires in the World 2021-05-26
- Mayor of Zrenjanin in Serbia and Linglong Employees Jointly Do Tree Planting 2021-05-22
- Linglong Tire Ushered in New Progress in Uzbekistan Technical Service Project 2021-01-06
- Linglong Tire Ushered in New Progress in Uzbekistan Technical Service Project 2020-11-26
- Linglong Unveils "Bio-based Rubber" Tires 2020-10-21
- Linglong Tire Remains as Sleeve Sponsor of VfL Wolfsburg 2020-09-17
- Linglong’s Brand Value Surpassed 50 Billion RMB 2020-08-06
- Linglong Tire Held 2020 Mid-year Distributor Conference 2020-07-23
- Linglong Ranks No.14 in Top 34 Tyre Manufacturers 2020 2020-07-17
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021