Weichai and Russian KAMAZ Sets up Production of Large Natural Gas Engines
Russian heavy duty vehicle manufacturer PJSC KAMAZ has signed an agreement with Weichai Power Co. Ltd. of China to establish a joint venture on a parity basis for the production of industrial engines in Russia. The joint venture KAMAZ VEYCHA LLC, which specializes in the production of industrial diesel and natural gas engines with a capacity of more than 17 liters, capacity from 520 to 2000 kW, is planned to be located in the free areas of the KAMAZ subsidiary in the Yaroslavl Region – PJSC Tutaevsky Motor Plant.
The first engines are planned to be implemented this year. The production of the joint venture will comply with the environmental standards “Stage IIIa”. It is assumed that the main region for the sale of engines will be the CIS countries and the Customs Union of the Eurasian Economic Union (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan).
The opening of this joint venture upon reaching the planned capacity will create about 160 new jobs, which will be located in Tutayev, a town in Yaroslavl Oblast on the Volga River, 300 km northeast of Moscow.
“We are pleased to jointly with Weichai, one of the leaders in the field of research, development, production and sales of diesel and gas engines, organize a modern, flexible and in-demand production of high-power engines, which have no analogues in Russia”, commented the CEO of PJSC KAMAZ, Sergey Kogogin. “Today we are actively working on the development of the product line, complementing the range of products with high-tech models. The new product is especially necessary for many industries, in particular for shipbuilding and locomotive building, for diesel and gas electric generators, as well as for heavy-duty special machinery.”
Weichai has manufactured nearly 40,000 sets of natural gas engines in total so far, which are widely used on buses, trucks, engineering machines, marine auxiliaries, etc. Weichai has engaged in R&D of LNG marine engines since 2008. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Weichai LOVOL Opens Technology Innovation Centre in North America, Europe, Japan 2022-02-18
- Wei Chai Special Vehicle Launched Its WT160 Wide-body Mining Truck 2022-02-17
- Tan Xuguang Won the Highest Honor As an Outstanding Entrepreneur in Shandong 2022-02-16
- Weichai Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles to Undergo Extreme Cold Road Test 2022-01-20
- CYSC Group and Weichai Group Sign Strategic Cooperation Agreement 2021-12-14
- Weichai Aims to Perform a Leadership role in Large-scale Mining Equipment 2021-12-08
- Weichai Made Delivery of 150-ton Large Mining Trucks in Batches 2021-11-22
- Tan Xuguang Inspects Two Projects under Construction 2021-11-01
- Weichai Rises 6 Places in Rankings to 77th Amongst Top 500 Chinese Companies 2021-09-30
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse 2021-09-17
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021