Weichai and Russian KAMAZ Sets up Production of Large Natural Gas Engines
Russian heavy duty vehicle manufacturer PJSC KAMAZ has signed an agreement with Weichai Power Co. Ltd. of China to establish a joint venture on a parity basis for the production of industrial engines in Russia. The joint venture KAMAZ VEYCHA LLC, which specializes in the production of industrial diesel and natural gas engines with a capacity of more than 17 liters, capacity from 520 to 2000 kW, is planned to be located in the free areas of the KAMAZ subsidiary in the Yaroslavl Region – PJSC Tutaevsky Motor Plant.
The first engines are planned to be implemented this year. The production of the joint venture will comply with the environmental standards “Stage IIIa”. It is assumed that the main region for the sale of engines will be the CIS countries and the Customs Union of the Eurasian Economic Union (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan).
The opening of this joint venture upon reaching the planned capacity will create about 160 new jobs, which will be located in Tutayev, a town in Yaroslavl Oblast on the Volga River, 300 km northeast of Moscow.
“We are pleased to jointly with Weichai, one of the leaders in the field of research, development, production and sales of diesel and gas engines, organize a modern, flexible and in-demand production of high-power engines, which have no analogues in Russia”, commented the CEO of PJSC KAMAZ, Sergey Kogogin. “Today we are actively working on the development of the product line, complementing the range of products with high-tech models. The new product is especially necessary for many industries, in particular for shipbuilding and locomotive building, for diesel and gas electric generators, as well as for heavy-duty special machinery.”
Weichai has manufactured nearly 40,000 sets of natural gas engines in total so far, which are widely used on buses, trucks, engineering machines, marine auxiliaries, etc. Weichai has engaged in R&D of LNG marine engines since 2008. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse 2021-09-17
- Weichai Rolls Off Its 400,000th Engine with Euro VI Emission Level 2021-08-19
- Weichai Shortlisted Among China's Top 100 Machinery Industry 2021-08-09
- Weichai Ranks No. 1 in 2021 China Auto Spare Parts Industry 2021-07-15
- Weichai Completed its Strategic Restructuring of Lovol Heavy Industry 2021-01-07
- Tan Xuguang: 100 Days of Hard Work for a New Leap in Development 2021-01-06
- China Sold 136,900 Units NG Engines for Heavy-duty Trucks from Jan. to Nov. 2021-01-02
- Weichai Engine Sales Exceeded One Million Units in 2020 2020-12-29
- Weichai Expects its Engine Sales for Heavy-duty Trucks to Exceed 500,000 Units 2020-12-23
- Weichai Rolls Out Its 200,000th Unit Engine with National VI Emission Standards 2020-12-09
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY