IAA 2018: SAIC Maxus Showcases Four Variants of New Pure-electric Maxus EV80
Maxus, the light commercial vehicle manufacturer and subsidiary of China’s largest vehicle manufacturer SAIC Motor, will showcase four variants of its new range of zero-emissions EV80 battery electric vans at the 67th IAA Commercial Vehicles show in Hannover later this month (20 to 27 September 2018).
The new vehicles will be on display on Stand C79 in Hall 13. During its press conference (12.35pm to 12.55pm, Wednesday 19 September), Maxus will also announce details of a significant new strategic partnership in Europe. Throughout the show, two Maxus EV80 vans will be available for visitors to test drive.
Featuring newly-enhanced styling for the exterior and interior, the new EV80s will be displayed in chassis-cab, standard panel van, high panel van, and wheelchair-accessible formats. All are equipped with the same plug-in powertrain and high-capacity LifePo4 Lithium-ion battery that give the vehicle a range of up to 200 km (depending on configuration) and a charging time of just two hours while using a DC charger. As a unique feature in this class, the vehicle is equipped to enable both AC and DC charging capability as standard, for complete compatibility.
The standard EV80 model can be configured as a passenger bus, transporting eight passengers plus driver. The wheelchair-accessible EV80 has been comprehensively developed in co-operation with leading European manufacturer AMF-BRUNS. Equipped with a bespoke lift system, it can accommodate four wheelchairs, or a single wheelchair with up to seven passengers.
The Maxus EV80 van is the only fully electric van in its class on European roads. In addition, unlike other suppliers of all-electric commercial vehicles of this size, Maxus is able to fulfil any size of order for major European fleets, thanks to the company’s extensive production capacity in China. The technology of the EV80 is well proven, with electric Maxus commercial vehicles having been produced for Asian markets for several years.
Initial deliveries have already begun for customers in Germany, Austria and the Netherlands, and other Europe markets will follow soon as Maxus accelerates its Europe-wide growth plans. Maxus will shortly announce significant agreements with several major Europe-based businesses for the supply of the EV80 for their vehicle fleets.
The Maxus EV80 provides the practicality and extensive versatility demanded by fleet operators. The standard panel van features a cargo area length of 3,300 mm, width of 1,770 mm and height of 1,710 mm (1,920 mm height with the high-roof variant), resulting in a total volume of 10.2 m3 (11.5 m3 for the high-roof variant), accessible through wide-opening rear and side doors. The maximum payload capacity is 950 kg (915 kg for the high-roof model). The chassis cab model can be built up to the exact specifications of the customer.
The new EV80 offers highly competitive levels of standard specification, including air conditioning, electric windows, ABS, heated and electrically adjustable side mirrors and, as options, rear parking sensors and a 10-inch infotainment screen.
SAIC Mobility Europe, a division of China’s largest vehicle manufacturer, SAIC, starts its European activities with the introduction of the Maxus light commercial vehicle brand. Ahead of its full Europe-wide launch in 2019, Maxus is establishing partnerships with large organisations and major fleet operators that are looking to reduce their fleet emissions and vehicle operating costs.
The total cost of ownership of EV80 variants will be comparable to their diesel-powered competitors, over the lifetime of the vehicles, helping businesses reduce their overall spend on fleet operations. Prices in Europe will start from €47.500 (excluding VAT) with further details of the competitive whole life costs set to be revealed at IAA.
Pieter Gabriëls, Managing Director of SAIC Mobility Europe, said: “The IAA in Hannover is the first major international motorshow in Europe for Maxus and provides a major opportunity for us to showcase the true versatility of the EV80 platform, as well as its eco-credentials. We are on course to launch the brand fully in 2019 – part of which involves engaging with distribution and fleet partners, and we have very exciting news on that front to share at Hannover.
“With excellent range, zero emissions and a short charging time, the new Maxus EV80 is an ideal solution for business operating large vans. We help them to reduce fleet operations costs while cutting their carbon footprint to meet increasingly strict emissions regulations in European cities. The future is looking very promising for the Maxus brand, which will spearhead the arrival of the SAIC group in Europe.”
SAIC Mobility Europe is responsible for introducing a range of SAIC brands, products and services into Europe. The fleet division is making the Maxus EV80 available to more than 200 major fleet operators in Europe.
Visit Maxus in Hall 13, stand C79. The Maxus press conference takes place on the stand from 12:35 to 12:55 on Wednesday 19 September. Please register at the Maxus stand for a test drive of the EV80. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- SAIC Hongyan to Build World's First Production Base for Hydrogen-powered Trucks 2021-07-22
- MAXUS and Harris Group Supply DPD UK with 750 Electric Vans 2021-06-24
- SAIC Maxus Export Volume Jumped by 16.92% in 2020 2021-01-06
- SAIC Maxus Launches Its T70 Pickup with Four Editions Available 2020-12-17
- 50 Units SAIC Light Trucks Exported to Chile for Operation 2020-09-16
- 400 Units SAIC Maxus T60 Pickups Shipped to Qatar for Rental Services 2020-09-02
- First 328 Units SAIC Maxus E-Deliver Vehicles Set Sail to Norway 2020-06-08
- Maxus T60 Pickup Enters Philippines 2020-03-10
- SAIC Hongyan Genpaw 4X2 Cargo Truck Targets Inter-city Logistic Market 2020-02-17
- SAIC Hongyan Puts 10 Vehicles On Display at Its Annual Business Conference 2020-01-08
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY