China’s Tire Manufacturer Sees Robust Business in Philippines
China’s largest tire manufacturing company Zhongce Rubber Group Co., Ltd. is aggressively expanding its presence in the Philippines with at least 25 percent growth target this year focusing on the robust replacement market with possible expansion in the country.
Johnny Sy, president of the exclusive New City Commercial Marketing Corp. (NCCMC), exclusive distributor of West Lake, the brand of Zhongce Rubber tires, told Manila Bulletin Business at the company’s 25th Anniversary celebration they have already appointed 400 dealers nationwide to aggressively pushing West Lake into the top three tire brands in the country.
“In celebrating our 25th year milestone, we are thankful to our dealers for making West Lake one of the top brands in the country,” said Sy, who also praised the company’s excellent advertising and marketing teams.
Sy also raised the possibility of the company in partnership with the Zhongce Rubber to finally put up a manufacturing plant in the country in the future.
“We are not yet planning for a local manufacturing operation, but we will be looking into that in the near future,” he added.
At present, West Lake accounts for 5 percent share of the local tire market that is dominated by American, German and Japanese brands.
“We hope to be in the top three brands as soon as possible,” he said.
With the support of Zhongce, Sy believes they can achieve their goal to make Zhongce the largest in the country. Both companies have partnered in the business for the past 15 years already.
Despite strong market competition, Sy said they are banking on three factors that would push West Lake’s growth — competitive and reasonable price, after sales service, and good marketing and advertisement. “We are very positive because the Philippines is a developing country and the gross domestic product is growing very fast so it is not just the economy that is growing but also the number of cars,” he said.
Richard Li, general manager of Zhongce Rubber, said the Philippines is a good market and that they have a good growth forecast.
According to Li, the company will be investing in “flagship stores” for its performance tires which he said will be focusing on the replacement tire market.
Li noted that while the current car sales are down, this has not affected the huge tire replacement market. Its tire supplies to the Philippines are imported from its plant in Thailand and China.
“We do not compete on price but we always ensure safety, reliability and value of our tires,” Li said.
Li also echoed Sy’s sales forecast of 25 percent growth from 10-20 percent growth in the past years.
NCCMC, which was founded in 1993, is one of the top importers of tires in the Philippines. Its business encompasses a full range of automobile tires such as passenger car tire, SUV tire, truck bias tire, truck radial tire, off the road – radial & bias, industrial tire, and motorcycle tires. The company currently has 300 to 500 active reseller and dealers nationwide.
NCCMC was appointed as the Exclusive Distributor for Westlake tires here in the Philippines.
Zhongce Rubber Group Co., Ltd. (ZC-Rubber manufacturer of Westlake Tires) was founded in 1958 and is the largest and fastest growing manufacturer for passenger tires, SUV tires, truck and bus tires, off the road tire, industrial tires, motorcycle tires and rubber products in China. Is currently ranked No. 1 tire manufacturer in China, No. 10 tire manufacturer in the world by Tyre & Accessories magazine with sales revenue of $3.22 billion.
With an extensive product range, covering all sectors of the car tire market, Westlake is continually investing in developing its production capacity, range and brand offer to become a leading force in the quality tire segment.
ZC-Rubber has become the largest and fastest-growing tire manufacture in China, as it opened its new production plant in Thailand with annual capacity of 5 million pieces of passenger car and light truck – marks another step toward Internalization. To provide safer and more valuable tire for worldwide customers, it already set up oversea R&D centers and subsidiaries in Europe, North and South America. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands 2018-07-11
- Sales Volume of China’s Commercial Vehicles Reaches 293,000 Units in July 2017-08-15
- China’s auto import and export is stable in Apr. 2008-06-05
- Linglong Rolls Out First TBR Radial Tire from Hubei Plant 2019-11-25
- Safe-Run Secures 700 Million New Order for Linglong’s Serbia Plant 2019-09-29
- China's Triangle Tire Opens Its First U.S. Manufacturing Plant 2018-11-08
- 2018 Linglong Tire Africa & Middle East Business Conference Successfully Held 2018-09-26
- Linglong to Build Tire Factory in Serbia 2018-08-31
- GALADARI Extended Olive Branch to Linglong Tire 2018-08-24
- Linglong Tire Listed in Top 100 Most Valuable Brand Enterprises in Shandong 2018-05-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY