IAA 2018: FOTON Exhibited AUMAN EST-A
On September 19, 2018, the 67th IAA Commercial Vehicles Hanover was opened officially, Daimler exhibited its truck products at Daimler exhibition booth. As Daimler’s typical business representative in China, BFDA exhibited AUMAN EST-A at Daimler booth, together with Mercedes-Benz trucks. This is the third time for BFDA to exhibit at IAA Commercial Vehicles Hanover since the founding of BFDA in 2012.
AUMAN EST-A is developed and manufactured by BFDA, and built with world’s renowned power and parts supply system, including Cummins, ZF, WABCO, etc. Mainly aiming at the long-distance special routes and high-efficiency logistics markets, AUMAN EST-A is equipped with intelligent power system, aided driving, and fleet management system, and verified by 10,000,000km real road test to further meet customers’ appeals for high operating efficiency and low operating cost. In succession to the market launch in Shanghai, China in April 2017, AUMAN EST series has been launched respectively in Peru, Chile, Russia, Kenya, Thailand and Malaysia, covering the South America, Southeast Asia, and Africa markets.
On September 18, at the eve of the IAA 2018, a global press conference was held by BFDA at the IAA. Mr. Gong Yueqiong, the president of Foton Motor Group, Mr. Martin Daum, Daimler AG. Board member and the Head of Daimler Trucks & Buses Division, Mr. Hubertus Troska, Daimler AG. Board Member, the Chairman & CEO of Daimler Greater China attended the conference.
7 Years, 540,000 Accumulative Vehicles globally
Since the founding of BFDA in 2012, Foton Motor’s manufacturing standards, local operation experiences, and market advantages have been effectively integrated and collaborated with Daimler’s technology and management advantages. BFDA is operating under FOTON “AUMAN” brand, which overwhelmed the joint-venture mode of introducing foreign mature vehicle models for OEM production in traditional Sino-foreign joint ventures and initiated the new Sino-foreign joint-venture cooperation mode. Meanwhile, Foton Motor owns the utilization and proprietary rights of intangible assets of “Auman” medium-duty and heavy-duty truck products, including proprietary technologies, patents, and brand, in overseas markets. Daimler provides technology, expert supports and Truck Operating System(TOS) to help joint venture promote product quality, improve supplier system, and assist the R&D of new products. Foton Motor provides brand, manufacturing system, market operation experience. Based on networks of Foton Motor, Both will realize a further development in China and global market.
Through 7-year joint development, BFDA has achieved an accumulative sales volume of 540,000 in global market as of August, 2018.
Facing Competition by Complementary Advantages
The commercial truck market around the world is upgrading. “The future competition is definitely the competition of all-value chain solutions, including fleet management solution, technology matching, and integral commercialization strategy.” Said the President of Foton Motor Group Gong Yueqiong, “Daimler owns sophisticated technology and quality control and Foton Motor owns leading manufacturing system and mature market operation experiences, insight, and strategic deployment on the markets. Two parties have reached tacit understanding and consensus in cooperation. Therefore, on this basis, more competitions can more embody the complementary advantages of two parties”.
Regarding the development strategy of the joint venture, Mr. Hubertus Troska expressed that Daimler will introduce advanced products and technologies into BFDA and enhance the cooperation with Foton Motor in the future. Regarding the future cooperation of two parties, Mr. Martin Daum expressed that the cooperation status between Daimler and Foton will not change. “BFDA will enhance the cooperation under complementary advantages of both, and will introduce a strategic heavy-duty truck in the future”, Mr. Gong Yueqiong added.
It’s predicable that, following the cooperation between Foton Motor and Daimler AG., it’s possible to apply the technologies, including intelligent interconnection, autonomous driving, and new energy vehicles to the cooperation projects in the future. By advantages of both in technology, manufacturing, and market, Daimler will realize a further development in China’s commercial vehicle market. Foton Motor will also further consolidate its leading position in China’s commercial vehicle market. Meanwhile, Foton Motor will duplicate and expand the leading products and technologies to global markets and thus realize the leapfrog development of global commercial vehicle business. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Cummins Starts Technical Certification Program for FOTON Mexico 2022-04-15
- FOTON Mexico Held Its 2nd Dealer Conference 2022-04-14
- FOTON Pakistan Delivered 3 Express Logistics Vehicle to DHL 2022-04-12
- CP FOTON’s Dealer Summit & AUMARK FLEX Launch Ceremony Held in Thailand 2022-04-12
- 328 Units!China’s First Largest Automatic Heavy Truck Export Order to Colombia 2022-04-08
- AUMAN EST-M Rolled off the Line at Foton Pakistan Factory 2022-04-03
- 400 Units of FOTON AUMAN Trucks Delivered to an Int'l Brewery Group of Nigeria 2022-04-01
- FOTON Mexico Passed the ISO9001 International Quality System Certification 2022-03-30
- FOTON Got First RCEP Certificate of Origin to Malaysia Issued by Beijing Customs 2022-03-23
- FOTON and Piaggio Group’s 10000TH NP6 New Porter Built at Italian Plant 2022-03-12
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021