IAA 2018: IVECO Delivers LNG-Powered Trucks to Hoyer
The Hoyer Group is exploring the potential environmental benefits of introducing vehicles with engines that use LNG as fuel into its road operations in the near future.
Vehicle manufacturer IVECO recently handed over the Stralis 440S40 NP type truck to the Hamburg-based logistics company Hoyer at the IAA in Hanover. In a joint project together with Total Deutschland GmbH, the Business Unit Petrolog will trial the alternative fuel vehicle that also has ADR dangerous goods certification, when making deliveries to Total’s service stations in the Hamburg and Bremen region in Germany from October 2018 onwards.
Fuelled by LNG, the truck has significant environmental advantages: compared to diesel engines, the Stralis 440S40 NP type truck emits 15% less CO2 and 60% less nitrogen oxide. Moreover, an LNG truck consumes 15% less fuel per km driven and operates at a lower noise level than conventional diesel-powered engines.
Giving reasons for the decision to procure the LNG truck, Mark Binns, Managing Director of the Business Unit Petrolog in the Hoyer Group, says: “Despite being more expensive to buy, we are convinced by the truck’s positive environmental and operational benefits. Introducing the truck will contribute towards our corporate initiative to reduce CO2 emissions produced by our vehicle operations by 25% per ton-km by 2020. IVECO is focusing on the promotion of trucks using alternative fuels, and is recognised as a pioneer of this technology which Hoyer sees as interesting and promising.”
The LNG-fuelled engine will be used in a truck that transports fuel to service stations in the Hamburg and Bremen region in Germany. The truck, which has been configured specifically for deliveries to service stations, will be tested in existing intensive delivery operations over the next six months. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- FAW Group Be Reportedly in Talks to Buy a Majority Share of IVECO 2021-01-12
- Iveco to Deliver Romania 942 Military Trucks 2020-01-14
- IVECO, FPT Industrial and Nikola Unveil All-electric Nikola TRE 2019-12-06
- IVECO to Expand Chinese Premium Vehicle Market Through CIIE 2019-11-06
- IVECO Delivers 30 LNG Trucks to Jost Group in Belgium 2019-01-22
- Nanjing Iveco Takes Delivery of Its 10,000th Truck to SF Express 2019-01-15
- 50 New CNG-Powered IVECO STRALIS NP trucks Delivered to PIMK Ltd, Bulgaria 2019-01-11
- IVECO Catches the Eye with NG Technology at CIIE 2018-11-08
- Iveco Delivers 100th 8x8 Trakker Truck to the German Armed Forces 2018-09-14
- 20 Units Iveco Daily Delivered to Xi’an Railway Administration 2018-03-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Chery Rolls Off Its New Energy Mining Truck in Erdos
- FAW Jiefang Put into Operation Its J7 Smart Vehicle Plant
- JAC Kazakhstan Plant Rolls Off Its 40,000th Vehicle in 2021
- SANY Factory Certified as World’s First Lighthouse Factory in Heavy Machinery
- FAW Jiefang and ZOOMLION Continue to Deepen Their Strategic Partnership
- SAIC Light Truck EH500 Electric Sanitation Vehicle Obtains EU Certificate
- 30 Days Countdown to CIIE, Volvo Group Announces Participation in the Expo
- SANY to Attend the Second China-Africa Economic and Trade Expo
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Top Ten Sales in New Energy Light-duty Trucks in October
- Top 10 Export Markets for Chinese Trucks in JAN.-SEP. 2021
- Top Ten New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Brands
- Top Ten Sales in New Energy Light-duty Trucks in September
- China Top 10 Tractor Head Performers in September
- Top Ten Sales in Heavy-duty Truck Market in September
- Light-duty Truck Sales Increased by More Than 30 Percent MOM in September
- JMC Pickup Sales Went Up by 13% YOY From January to September
- Sales Revenue Doubles in 50 Countries: SANY’s Internationalization Acceleratin
- SAIC Maxus' Sales Volume for Sep. Reached Record 17,684 Units, Up 25% YOY