Cummins and Isuzu Sign Letter of Intent to Evaluate Partnership Opportunities
Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) and Isuzu Motors Limited announced today that they have signed a Letter of Intent to jointly evaluate opportunities to deliver globally competitive products.
In the commercial vehicle space, power sources are increasingly becoming more diverse and emissions regulations continue to grow more stringent around the world. Significant investment will be required to deliver the best next generation diesel and natural gas based powertrain solutions as well as alternative powertrains, connectivity and autonomy that our end customers demand. Collaboration and strategic partnerships will be essential to share increased investment costs and win in the market.
“Isuzu is a leading global company with a reputation for excellence in trucks, powertrains and customer service” said Tom Linebarger, Chairman and CEO of Cummins Inc. “Our companies share a commitment to technology leadership, quality and dependability for our customers, and global reach. We also share common values in the way we do business and how we treat our people, our customers, and our partners. Cummins is honored to be working with Isuzu and to explore how to leverage our respective strengths to create new opportunities for both companies.”
For nearly 100 years each, Isuzu and Cummins have been leaders in technology innovation with a broad global reach in complementary regions of the world. Together the companies believe there may be opportunities to benefit from each other’s unique strengths resulting in growth for both companies.
Each company has committed to assign a team of individuals over the next few months to explore potential opportunities in product technology development, service and other areas of collaboration with the potential for a longer-term partnership for the next generation of diesel and natural gas based internal combustion powertrains as well as new powertrain technologies such as electrification. Diesel engines continue to be the power leader for the foreseeable future in commercial vehicle and off-highway markets and such long-term partnership would enable both companies to grow globally. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Dongfeng Cummins Releases Pure Lubricant Products for Spare Parts 2021-07-21
- Cummins Selects Spain for Its Gigawatt Electrolyzer Plant with Iberdrola 2021-05-26
- Cummins Hydrogen Energy Engineering Center Starts Operation in Wuhan,China 2021-05-21
- Cummins Introduces New Heavy-duty Powertrain for Natural Gas Customers 2021-03-10
- Eaton Cummins Officially Starts Localized Production in China 2021-02-23
- Foton and Cummins Jointly Establish a New Joint Venture 2020-12-23
- Foton Cummins Rolls Off Its 100000th X Series Engine For the Year 2020 2020-12-17
- Cummins Rolls Out Two Natural Gas Engines with National VI Emission Standards 2020-09-30
- Cummins and Navistar Announce New Long-term Agreement 2020-08-17
- Cummins Releases 2019 Sustainability Progress Report 2020-07-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY