FAWDE Partners with Saudi Aramco to Pursue Ultra-low Emission Fuels
Saudi Aramco, which has one of the biggest crude oil production operations and reserves in the world, said Friday it has teamed up with Chinese researchers, a company that builds diesel and natural gas engines, and a petrochemicals company to study ways to lower emissions.
The partnership with Tsinghua University, FAW Jiefang Automotive Wuxi Diesel Works, and Shandong Chambroad Petrochemicals Company aims "to develop advanced fuel and engine technologies to reduce emissions," Saudi Aramco said.
"Chambroad Petrochemical will conduct refinery modelling, techno-economic analysis, and produce new fuels for testing," Saudi Aramco said.
Chambroad Petrochemicals, located in the Shandong province, provides fuel and chemicals to 16 provinces in China, including Beijing and Shanghai. It produces "clean fuels" but petrochemicals is its main business.
Faw "will provide prototype engines and after-treatment systems, as well as conduct system integration and vehicle demonstration," it added.
Faw is one of the biggest vehicle manufactures in China with a product line that includes sedans, SUVs and trucks. Faw Jiefang is one of its units.
Tsinghua University, based in Beijing, is one of the biggest research centers in Asia and home to 149 research institutes and 13 laboratories.
"This collaboration aligns with the partners' strategic intent to create solutions for CO2 reduction taking total emissions into consideration, while delivering efficient, reliable engine and fuels performance," Saudi Aramco said.
Saudi Aramco wants to increase the company's participation in fuel and petrochemicals production, in part to rely less on hydrocarbon extraction as it has been doing for decades, Khalid Al-Falih, the country's energy minister, said in early October.
While Saudi Aramco is the world's largest company in the upstream, with production of about 14 million barrels of oil equivalent per day and 260 billion barrels of oil, as well as 300 trillion cubic feet of gas as reserves, the downstream needs development, he said at that time.
Once Saudi Aramco has a better balance of upstream and downstream it will carry out an initial public offering, scheduled for earlier this year but postponed, he said. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Jiefang's Engine Export Up 56% in the Fist Six Months 2021-06-30
- Jiefang Exported 5,400 Units Engines to the Overseas Market 2020-03-26
- Jiefang Power Pockets Highest Revenue at Two Exhibitions in Guangzhou 2019-10-24
- FAWDE Rolls Out Its 7,600,000th Engine 2019-10-08
- Jiefang Promotes Aowei 6DM Engine in South Africa 2019-08-29
- Jiefang Engine Exports Grew 30% from January to July 2019-08-21
- FAWDE Conducts a Training to Win Electronic Control Service Struggle of Vietnam 2019-03-11
- Malaysia Chen Sing Auto Group Paid a Visit to FAWDE 2018-12-13
- FAWDE Brought Aowei National VI Engines to Display at Engine China 2018 2018-11-21
- 28 Units Jiefang Engines Meeting National VI Emission Standards Roll Off Line 2018-09-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY