BYD Breaks Ground on New 20 GWh Battery Cell Plant in Chongqing, China
BYD announced that they have broken ground in the city of Chongqing on its new battery cell factory that will be able to produce 20 gigawatt hours (GWh) of battery cells for its electric vehicles.
With an investment of 10 billion yuan (~$1.49 billion USD) in the facility, BYD will inaugurate eight fully automated production line dedicated to the production of everything from the battery cells to the full battery packs.They expect that the first construction stage is to be done and commissioned within a year.
With an annual output capacity of 20 gigawatt hours (GWh), It would make BYD’s new factory one of the largest battery factories in the world. The largest battery factory in the world is now believed to be Tesla’s own Gigafactory 1 in Nevada, which has an annual output ofabout 35 GWh.
This is acturally the second new battery gigafactory 1 BYD built within the last year. Prior to this, the company has set up a battery factory in the western province of Qinghai with an output of over 24 GWh.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles 2022-04-07
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe 2022-03-28
- BYD Receives Largest-ever Order for Heavy-duty Electric Trucks Outside Asia 2022-02-28
- BYD Helps Deliver Anheuser-Busch’s First Zero-carbon Beer for Super Bowl LVI 2022-02-17
- BYD Partners with Nuro to Build All-Electric Driverless Delivery Vehicle 2022-01-14
- BYD Delivers the Largest Pure Electric Logistics Truck Fleet in Latin America 2021-12-16
- BYD Delivers 10 ETM6 eTrucks to TDS in the Netherlands 2021-12-08
- BYD Signs COP26 Agreement to Speed Up EV Adoption 2021-11-18
- BYD Rolls Off a Driveless E-drive Cabin-less Terminal Tractor 2021-11-15
- BYD and Levo Announce Collaboration to Deploy Up to 5K Battery-Electric Vehicles 2021-10-09
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021