Cummins: Leading Innovations in Remanufacturing
April 11 marks the world’s Manufacturing Day. With a growing interest in re-manufacturing industry in recent years, the world is making an all-out effort to achieve sustainable development. Cummins, the world’s leading engine maker, has been taking a number of concrete measures to develop more environmentally friendly engines and help more and more people live a more greener lives.
With 50-plus years rich experience in remanufacturing, Cummins boasts eight remanufacturing bases across the world with over 3,350 employees. As one of the pioneers in the global remanufacturing industry, Cummins is committed to creating more added value for its global customers and achieve more sustainable development.
“We have been and will continue injecting new dynamics to our rich pool of products,” said Rob Enright, General Manager of Cummins New Spare Parts & Remanufacturing, which focuses on remanufacturing those used and worn-out engines and engine spare parts sold by Cummins. For decades, Cummins has been improving its remanufacturing process for long cylinders, short cylinders, L10, M, N and ISX/QSX heavy-duty engines as well as B, C and ISL/QSL medium-duty engines, injecting a new life to these seemingly worn-out products.
According to Cummins, 85% of an engine can be used again for remanufacturing and every engine can be remanufactured for three times at most. Having an extremely intricate remanufacturing procedure available, Cummins is able to cut energy consumption by 85% while remanufacturing an engine. In doing so, it greatly reduces the emissions of greenhouse gases and avoids wasting much energy and natural resources.
In 2010, Cummins (Xiangfan) Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (CXMC) launched its remanufacturing business. After nine years of development, the company is now capable of producing 10,000 sets engines and engine spare parts (cylinders, cylinder lids, shafts, turbocharger, urea pumps, fuel injectors). In addition, it has already gained ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 1800 certificates.
Now, its major customers include Dongfeng Cummins, Wuxi Holset, Komatsu, Liugong, etc.
- Dongfeng Cummins Releases Pure Lubricant Products for Spare Parts 2021-07-21
- Cummins Selects Spain for Its Gigawatt Electrolyzer Plant with Iberdrola 2021-05-26
- Cummins Hydrogen Energy Engineering Center Starts Operation in Wuhan,China 2021-05-21
- Cummins Introduces New Heavy-duty Powertrain for Natural Gas Customers 2021-03-10
- Eaton Cummins Officially Starts Localized Production in China 2021-02-23
- Foton and Cummins Jointly Establish a New Joint Venture 2020-12-23
- Foton Cummins Rolls Off Its 100000th X Series Engine For the Year 2020 2020-12-17
- Cummins Rolls Out Two Natural Gas Engines with National VI Emission Standards 2020-09-30
- Cummins and Navistar Announce New Long-term Agreement 2020-08-17
- Cummins Releases 2019 Sustainability Progress Report 2020-07-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY