WABCO Shareholders Approve ZF Friedrichshafen Acquisition
WABCO Holdings (“WABCO”) (NYSE: WBC), a leading global supplier of technologies and services that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, today welcomed the decision by its shareholders to approve the company’s acquisition by ZF Friedrichshafen AG (“ZF”), a privately held global technology company and systems supplier for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and industrial technology.
At a special meeting of WABCO's shareholders held today in New York, holders representing 68.44% of the Company’s shares outstanding voted in favor of adopting the proposed merger agreement. Overall, 71.97% of WABCO's shareholders participated in the vote.
Under the agreement, ZF will acquire all outstanding shares of WABCO for $136.50 per share in an all-cash transaction for an equity value of over $7 billion.
Jacques Esculier, Chairman and CEO of WABCO, said, "We are very pleased that WABCO’s shareholders have supported our merger plans recognizing that the ZF transaction offers a compelling strategic fit to advance the requirements of our industry, while also providing certainty of value and liquidity for our shareholders.”
The proposed merger remains subject to further customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. ZF and WABCO continue to expect to close the transaction in early 2020. This merger will bring together two global technology leaders serving OEMs and fleets in the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, combining WABCO’s capabilities in commercial vehicle safety and efficiency, including technologies involved in vehicle dynamics control, active air suspension systems, and fleet management systems with ZF’s leading position in mobility technologies for cars and commercial vehicles.
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation 2019-03-01
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Wabco Announces JV in China with FAW Jiefang for CV Safety Products 2018-09-25
- IAA 2018: WABCO to Display Industry's First Electric Trailer Prototype 2018-09-17
- Wabco Launches First Customer Care Center in North America 2018-08-03
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- WABCO Achieves a New annual Record for Customer Awards and Industry Recognition 2018-06-15
- Sinotruk Extends Cooperation Agreement with WABCO on ADAS, AMT, EBS, ECAS Tech 2018-04-12
- Wabco Stood Out among Other Suppliers to Win Two Awards from Sinotruk 2018-03-15
- Wabco Invests $10 Million in Nikola Motor, Looks to Advance Safety for EV 2017-12-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY