Foton Tunland Aims at Champion in Silk Way Rally 2019
On July 4, 2019, Foton Tunland started its 3rd expedition for the 9th Silk Road Rally beside the Lake Baikal, Russia. Foton appointed Tunland powered by Foton Cummins ISF engine as a racing vehicle for this 10-day 5,000km competition and Foton Aumark will provide support for the BFCEC SPORT team as supporting vehicle.
Silk Way Rally is a top-class off-road rally jointly held by China and Russia. This rally set out officially in Irkutsk, Russia on July 6, enter through Russia and Mongolia into China stage on July 13 and finally end in Dunhuang, Gansu, China on July 16. This special 2,593km whole-course stage will not only test the improvisation of the drivers but also test the reliability and stability of vehicles and engines.
Since its first participation in the 2017 Silk Way Rally, Foton Tunland has attracted wide attention from global media with its excellent performance in the race, and won the silver medal in the diesel group in 2018. For this rally, two Foton Tunland 4×4 all-wheel-drive racing pickups powered by Cummins ISF2.8 are dispatched for T2 Manufacturer Group competition.
The T2 Manufacturer Group competition requires that all racing vehicle must maintain the original mass production status, namely no modification in the core power configuration, including engine and transmission. Therefore, Foton Tunland pickups for this rally will compete with international teams, including Japanese Toyota, under the original status. Foton Cummins ISF2.8 engine installed on the racing vehicles for this rally boasts 160kW power output and adopts integral cylinder block and cylinder head design to provide high supports in terms of product reliability under severe racing conditions.
As a strategic partner of Foton, Cummins has century-long experience in engine production. With their advanced air intake and fuel control systems, Cummins engines deliver maximum performance and power output. At present, engines produced by Foton Cummins have been used in all Foton commercial vehicle models, such as medium-heavy duty trucks, light duty trucks, VAN, pickups and etc. With excellent power, durability and adaptability, Foton products have gradually gained recognition of users all over the world.
Leading Quality Proven in Top-class Rally
As a superb quality pickup model, Foton Tunland was not only engaged in Silk Way Rally, but also participated in various top-class global events. In 2012, it won the championship in the individual diesel group with excellent product performance in Taklimakan Rally, which is the No. 1 rally in Asia. In 2013, Foton Tunland won another gold medal in the China Grand Rally. In 2015 and 2016, Foton Tunland joined the world’s toughest motor race – Dakar Rally, in which it competed with leading teams in the world and finished the race. For that matter, Foton Motor Group became the only Chinese automobile brand that participated and finished the Dakar Rally for 2 consecutive years.
All New Independent Power Technology.
Tunland is not only equipped with Foton Cummins power. In 2019, Tunland S5 equipped with the new AUCAN power was launched. As Foton’s independent power system, AUCAN engines integrate Cummins technology, German FEV and British Ricardo, designed with the German Industry 4.0 process and are produced reasonably and efficiently in Foton’s digital and intelligent factory with excellent quietness, comfort and power. AUCAN power comes in two series: FD diesel series and FG gasoline series. They not only meet the durability requirements for commercial vehicles, but also live up to the performance expectations of passenger vehicle power.
As an “ultra-quiet” engine, AUCAN FD2.0 engine - diesel 2.0T reduce noise as low as 46.6dB at idle speed, which is the lowest noise level among the same models. In addition, it has a maximum torque of 320N.m and a maximum power of 110kw. With excellent performance, it solves such pain points as loud noise and shift jitter in traditional pickup power, providing customers with the highest quality power solution.
Tough rally is one of the best way to measure and verify the quality of Foton Tunland. It is expected to perform well in Silk Road Rally and further enhance the trust of consumers towards the brand. May Foton Tunland a brilliant success in Silk Way Rally of 2019.
- FOTON 828 | FOTON Sales Carnival in Colombia Came to a Successful Conclusion 2021-09-06
- FOTON 828|Foton Motor to Export 1780 Vehilces to South America 2021-08-28
- FOTON 828|Foton Motor Celebrates the 25th Anniversary with Customers in Pakistan 2021-08-27
- Never Stop Evolving, Foton Motor Celebrates Its 25th Anniversary 2021-08-27
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July 2021-08-23
- ANPACT Delegation Paid a Visit to Foton Mexico Truck Plant 2021-08-17
- Foton Motor Exhibited in Mexico’s Transport Suppliers Expo 2021 2021-08-12
- Foton Auman: Common Choice of Nigerian Buyers from Different Fields 2021-07-31
- Foton Delivers 25 Sanitation Vehicles to State of Mongolia 2021-07-30
- Ghana Client Repurchases 5 Units Foton AUMAN EST for Oil Transportations 2021-07-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY