Daimler Rolls Out of Its 750,000th Heavy-duty Trucks at Clevela Plant
Thirty years after acquiring its plant in Cleveland, North Carolina, Daimler Trucks North America (OTC: DMLRY) produced the 750,000th heavy-duty truck there, a flagship Freightliner Cascadia.
United Parcel Service (NYSE: UPS) took delivery of the truck during a ceremony at the plant on Monday, August 26.
“Over the past 30 years, our Cleveland plant has served as the foundation for our North American manufacturing operations and has been an integral part of our growth, innovation and leadership,” said Roger Nielsen, Daimler Trucks North America CEO and president.
“As we continue to evolve our product offerings and technologies, the Cleveland facility will remain a critical part of our strategy and success,” Nielsen said.
The Cleveland Truck Manufacturing Plant is the largest Freightliner Trucks manufacturing plant in the U.S. In addition to the diesel- and natural gas-powered Cascadia, tt produces the Coronado and Columbia cab-over-engine models for export to Australia and New Zealand. The plant also produces Western Star 4700, 4900 and 5700XE model trucks.
Daimler has invested more than $350 million in the facility, which has more than 2,200 employees.
Separately, Daimler AG (DDAIF), the parent company of Daimler Trucks North America and its sister Mercedes-Benz brand, is preparing to build Mercedes-Benz Actros heavy-duty trucks in China, according to a Reuters report. Daimler will reorganize truck plants owned by the company’s local joint venture partner Beiqi Foton Co.
Beijing Automotive Group Company Ltd., Foton’s parent company, purchased 5 percent of Daimler in July.
Daimler told German media in 2016 that it planned to make Mercedes-Benz-branded Actros heavy-duty trucks in China by the end of the decade.
According to Reuters, Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive (BFDA) will add Actros trucks to its production lines. Currently, those production lines are used primarily to manufacture Auman trucks, the sole truck brand of the joint venture.
The joint venture will revamp its No. 3 plant, which has a capacity of 60,000 trucks annually, to manufacture Actros and Auman trucks. All Mercedes-Benz trucks sold in China currently are imported. They are priced higher than the domestically built Auman trucks.
- Daimler Truck AG and Cummins Inc.Announce Global Plan for Medium-duty CV Engines 2021-02-24
- Daimler Plans Separation into Two Pure-play Companies 2021-02-04
- Daimler to Revamp China Plant to Make Mercedes-Benz-branded Actros Truck 2020-11-18
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture 2020-11-03
- Mercedes-Benz Access to New Target markets with Actros F and Edition 2 2020-09-29
- Daimler Unveils GenH2 Hydrogen Fuel-cell Concept Truck 2020-09-23
- Daimler Presents ‘GenH2' Mercedes-Benz Fuel-Cell Concept Truck 2020-09-18
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells 2020-04-24
- Daimler Trucks' Next EV will be a Garbage Truck 2020-02-04
- Daimler Brings its Latest Products on Display at CIIE 2019-11-08
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY