CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks
Daimler's truck and bus division and Chinese battery manufacturer Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL) have signed a worldwide supply agreement for battery modules for electric trucks starting from 2021, Daimler announced on Wednesday.
The agreement covers the supply of lithium-ion battery cell modules for Mercedes-Benz's eActros, Freightliner eCascadia and Freightliner eM2 models, Daimler said.
"We strive to be first to market with series production zero-emission transportation solutions on a global scale," said Gesa Reimelt, head of the E-Mobility Group at Daimler Trucks and Buses.
Daimler will be responsible for the development of the battery systems and would take over assembly at its truck plants in Mannheim, Germany, and Detroit in the United States, the German carmaker announced.
CATL President Jia Zhou said the partnership with Daimler Trucks and Buses is "an important step forward to realize our shared vision of a more sustainable society in the near future."
Back in December, Daimler announced that the company had secured more than 20 billion euros (22.1 billion U.S. dollars) worth of battery cells for its electric cars and trucks.
"Working with CATL as a strong global partner will go a long way in providing a wide range of electric trucks for series production from 2021 onwards," commented Reimelt.
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021 2022-03-25
- Daimler Truck Sales See 20% Increase in 2021 2022-01-24
- Volvo, Daimler And Traton Agree On JV Charging Network for Europe 2021-12-27
- Three ConMet Plants Receive 2020 Masters of Quality Supplier Award from DTNA 2021-11-17
- Daimler Truck AG and Cummins Inc.Announce Global Plan for Medium-duty CV Engines 2021-02-24
- Daimler Plans Separation into Two Pure-play Companies 2021-02-04
- Daimler to Revamp China Plant to Make Mercedes-Benz-branded Actros Truck 2020-11-18
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture 2020-11-03
- Mercedes-Benz Access to New Target markets with Actros F and Edition 2 2020-09-29
- Daimler Unveils GenH2 Hydrogen Fuel-cell Concept Truck 2020-09-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021