IVECO to Expand Chinese Premium Vehicle Market Through CIIE
Italian automaker IVECO will debut a number of premium vehicle models during the second China International Import Expo (CIIE) in Shanghai to actively seek opportunities in China's high-end vehicles market, said Tommaso Croce, business director of IVECO China.
There will be many opportunities especially at the premium end of the vehicle market in China, which has become the world's largest market for vehicles and mobility services thanks to a thriving mix of local players and multinational corporations, said Croce in an interview with Xinhua.
IVECO will triple the size of its booths reaching over 300 square meters in the second CIIE slated for November to debut high-end vehicles.
As Europe's first original equipment manufacturer of commercial vehicles arriving in China in 1986, IVECO followed the growth of China's automobile market with its products.
The Italian automaker has expanded its presence with three joint ventures to attract Chinese consumers and also established a commercial vehicle sales company in Shanghai focusing on imports of high-end products.
As for the upcoming import exposition in Shanghai, Croce said the CIIE shows China's determination to further open its market to the world and represents a meaningful response to trade challenges.
"In spite of international economic uncertainties, the Chinese market remains the most important for many foreign firms. We attended the CIIE last year to show that we believe in an open market and it was a good starting point, just like putting a seed in the ground to make it grow in the future," said Croce.
To encourage imports and cultivate advanced manufacturing capacity, the Chinese government has implemented a slew of supportive measures, such as cutting import tariffs and simplifying custom clearance procedures, to make it easier for foreign companies to do business in the country.
"Importing is a channel to test the leading edge of the market and help us better understand the evolution of the market and the needs of the customers which have changed a lot during these years," said Croce.
"According to the feedback that we receive from the market, we will start trying to choose the right direction with future localization," Croce added.
Italy is set to attend the CIIE as a guest of honor this year. Italian companies are looking forward to increasing exports of goods that appeal to the upgrading consumption market through the exposition.
- FAW Group Be Reportedly in Talks to Buy a Majority Share of IVECO 2021-01-12
- Iveco to Deliver Romania 942 Military Trucks 2020-01-14
- IVECO, FPT Industrial and Nikola Unveil All-electric Nikola TRE 2019-12-06
- IVECO Delivers 30 LNG Trucks to Jost Group in Belgium 2019-01-22
- Nanjing Iveco Takes Delivery of Its 10,000th Truck to SF Express 2019-01-15
- 50 New CNG-Powered IVECO STRALIS NP trucks Delivered to PIMK Ltd, Bulgaria 2019-01-11
- IVECO Catches the Eye with NG Technology at CIIE 2018-11-08
- IAA 2018: IVECO Delivers LNG-Powered Trucks to Hoyer 2018-09-26
- Iveco Delivers 100th 8x8 Trakker Truck to the German Armed Forces 2018-09-14
- 20 Units Iveco Daily Delivered to Xi’an Railway Administration 2018-03-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY