ZF Opens First Plant in Vietnam
Hai Phong, Vietnam. ZF celebrates the official opening of its first plant in Vietnam: In accordance with its local-for-local strategy, the company established a production site for a new Vietnamese customer in Hai Phong. The facility, located in Vinfast's 70-ha Supplier Park of Vinfast Manufacturing Automobile and E scooter Plant on the Cat Hai Island off the country’s northern shore, produces chassis modules just-in-time for a local automotive manufacturer. ZF has invested more than 25 million Euro in the site.
The Vietnamese car industry is one of the fastest growing in Southeast Asia. With its Hai Phong site, ZF takes its first local step into this market, following the demand of an exciting new customer: Vinfast, founded in 2017 as the first Vietnamese automotive manufacturer, relies on ZF as one of its main chassis technology suppliers. “This cooperation offers ZF the unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new market”, said Michael Hankel, Member of the ZF Board of Management at the inauguration ceremony. “We are proud to embark on this journey together with Vinfast right here in Hai Phong.”
The Hai Phong plant exemplifies ZF’s local-for-local strategy. On a approx. 44.000 m2 area right next to the customer’s facility, the plant is designed and equipped to produce chassis module sets just-in-time at a rate of 38 jobs per hour. Series production already started at the end of July – only a little over a year after establishing the customer relationship. ZF invested about 25 million Euro in its first Vietnamese production site.
“With the plant in Hai Phong we add another highly efficient chassis module assembly plant to our global business network. This underlines the market leadership we have reached for chassis just-in-time deliveries globally. The ability to set up assembly plants in very close proximity to our customer’s operations at every place on earth is a must for just-in-time deliveries and clear core competence of our business”, said Dr. Peter Holdmann, Head of ZF’s Chassis Technology Division.
James DeLuca, VinGroup Deputy CEO, responsible for Vinast Global Business Development stated at the ceremony: “Vinfast highly appreciates the fact that ZF – one of the world's leading partners.
locates the factory on the premises of Vinfast Automobile Manufacturing Complex. ZF's newly opened factory is an important link in the Vinfast production value chain, helping to ensure the supply of components and increase the localization rate for Vinfast products.”
- ZF Introduces New Technologies for Clean and Efficient Commercial Vehicles 2021-09-03
- ZF Sales Goes Up 43% YoY for H1, 2021 2021-08-02
- ZF Attends 2021 Volvo Auto Asia-Pacific Science Day on Sustainable Development 2021-07-23
- ZF Jiaxing Homebase Commits ZF to More R&D Activities in China 2021-06-30
- ZF Commercial Vehicle Division Jiaxing Homebase Starts Operation 2021-06-25
- Auto Shanghai 2021: ZF is Driving Intelligence for Software-defined Vehicles 2021-04-16
- ZF CEO: China Is the Most Promising Market 2020-08-10
- ZF Completes WABCO Acquisition 2020-06-01
- ZF and Wolong to Form JV for Production of Electric Motors and Components 2019-11-21
- ZF Posts Half-Year Financial Results: Reacts to Difficult Market Environment 2019-08-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY