Volvo Trucks in North America Demonstrate Electric Heavy Duty Trucks
At an exclusive event at the TEC Equipment dealership in Fontana, California, Volvo Trucks offered a first look at its North American Class 8 battery-electric project trucks. In Europe, Volvo Trucks recently started sales of electric trucks for urban transports and demonstrated electric concept trucks for construction operations and regional distribution. By utilizing existing electromobility technology within the Volvo Group, Volvo Trucks in North America has been able to integrate those technologies into the existing North American VNR model.
The pilot demonstration was part of the Volvo Low Impact Green Heavy Transport Solutions (LIGHTS) project, a collaboration between 15 public and private partners to demonstrate the viability of all-electric freight hauling in high-density traffic and urban areas. Volvo Group contributed $36.7 million for the project total of $90 million, and the South Coast Air Quality Management District administers the grant and oversees the Volvo LIGHTS project.
“The Volvo LIGHTS project demonstrates that for the entire endeavor to come together, it takes more than just the truck. It’s the delivery of the complete eco-system for zero-emission, heavy-duty transport, and taking responsibility for that ecosystem,” said Peter Voorhoeve, president of Volvo Trucks North America. “You can only achieve this by having a common goal, fully integrated collaboration amongst all stakeholders, and agreeing to be pioneers together.”
The Volvo VNR Electric project trucks will be put into real-world commercial operations with two of California’s leading freight companies, Dependable Supply Chain Services and NFI. In North America, the Volvo VNR Electric will become the ideal truck model for short- and regional-haul applications like heavy urban distribution, drayage and other applications where electric trucks will first have the greatest impact.
Volvo Trucks in North America will begin the first phase of serial production and commercial offering of the Volvo VNR Electric in late 2020.
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China 2021-08-24
- ZF Attends 2021 Volvo Auto Asia-Pacific Science Day on Sustainable Development 2021-07-23
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports 2021-06-07
- Volvo Posted Unexpected Profit in Q2 2020-07-24
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells 2020-04-24
- Volvo Develops Heavy-duty Electric Concept Trucks 2019-12-11
- Volvo Truck Delivers the 1,500th Truck to ZTO Express 2019-11-20
- Volvo Officials Visit Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle 2019-03-27
- First Electric Volvo Trucks Delivered to Customers 2019-02-27
- Volvo's Driverless Trucks Begin Working at a mine in Norway 2018-11-29
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY