Dongfeng 5G + Autonomous Driving Container Trucks Go Into Trial Operation
On May 11, Dongfeng held an online press conference promoting its “5G + Autonomous Driving Container Truck”. Also at the conference, it officially released Autonomous Driving Container Truck Standards, 5G Intelligent Port All Scenario Whitebook and 5G Intelligent Port Implementation Plan & Blueprint. Upon the release of these documents, Wang Qiang, General Manager of Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as Dongfeng) says they represent a huge step forward for the commercial application of autonomous driving vehicles.
On the same day, Dongfeng 5G + autonomous driving container truck passed an all-scenario operation test at Xiamen Port, marking a brand new era for the vehicle’s trial operation at the port. By taking full advantage of 5G technologies, Dongfeng 5G + autonomous driving container truck is set to bringing new transformations to modern ports and promoting their high-quality and sustainable development.
Making its debut, Dongfeng 5G + autonomous driving container truck is equipped with an electricity-powered chassis, a duel-motor direct drive, a duel-direction steering system, a high-precision positioning system, a laser radar system, complex sensors and other state-of-art technologies. Without a driver’s cockpit, the truck is able to perform such highly sophisticated tasks as actively sensing the operation environment, self-positioning, autonomous control, remote control, and distance communications.
According to Dongfeng, its 5G + autonomous driving container trucks will soon be widely used at many ports, helping them cut their costs and improve their overall work efficiency. In addition, they will play an essential role in building more environmentally friendly and highly automated ports across the world.
- Dongfeng 16L Longqing DDi13 Engine Makes its Debut 2020-11-16
- Dongfeng Hands Over Some 200 Trucks to Overseas Market 2020-10-23
- Dongfeng and Inceptio to Roll Off L3 Autonomous Heavy-duty Trucks by Late 2021 2020-05-06
- Dongfeng to Bring Seven Popular Vehicles on Display at 2017 CCVS 2017-11-03
- Global Natural Gas Commercial Vehicles Market 2017 – Dongfeng, Foton 2017-03-21
- SINOTRUK Handover the Second Batch of Electric Autonomous Trucks to Tianjin Port 2020-08-20
- Autonomous Trucking Obtains Popularity in China 2018-06-14
- Suning Completes Testing of China’s First Autonomous Logistic Heavy Truck 2018-05-31
- JMC Debuts Autonomous Driving Delivery Vehicle at WIC 2018-05-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY