ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission
Allison Transmission, the largest global manufacturer of medium- and heavy-duty fully automatic transmissions, will be the exclusive transmission for Isuzu’s just-announced gasoline-powered NQR and NRR Class 5 trucks. Equipped with the Allison 1000 Rugged Duty SeriesTM (RDS) transmission, the new trucks will offer a power takeoff (PTO) option for the first time by Isuzu in a gas-powered truck.
With the upcoming challenges of emissions regulations, Isuzu paired its Class 5 low cab forward truck with a 6.0-liter V8 gasoline engine—an industry first for the 19,500 lb. GVWR. The NQR and NRR gas models have a GVWR of 17,950 and 19,500 lbs., respectively, and produce 311 horsepower and generate 353 lbs.-ft. of torque. With the durable six-speed Allison 1000 RDS transmission, this powerful truck will be able to bring productivity to a whole new level.
“Allison’s RDS transmissions are designed to increase performance and provide superior vehicle control,” said Rohan Barua, Vice President, North America OEM Sales at Allison Transmission. “Combining our transmissions with Isuzu’s new sustainable trucks will not only meet stringent emissions standards, but will provide greater reliability in some of the toughest environments that our customers face. The PTO feature with Allison’s Transmission Control Module commands how and when the PTO engages, providing drivers better control by monitoring operating conditions.”
The PTO option enables users to run power auxiliary equipment, such as dump truck bodies, tow truck winches, hydraulic tools and bucket lifts, providing even more capabilities in a variety of vocations. Many fleets have historically chosen to equip their trucks with PTO-enabled Allison RDS transmissions to add to the residual value to their trucks. The PTO functionality increases capability and flexibility of trucks in the secondary market.
“For many years, Isuzu and Allison have provided a powerful combination to meet the needs of our customers and improve emissions in demanding conditions,” said Shaun C. Skinner, President, Isuzu Commercial Truck of America and Isuzu Commercial Truck of Canada. The NQR and NRR with gasoline engines and Allison 1000 RDS transmissions are expected to be available as early as the fourth quarter of 2020.
- JJE and Allison Partner to Develop CV Electrified Powertrain Solutions 2021-09-23
- Papua New Gu Customer to Order More CAMC Trucks with Allison AT 2021-06-25
- Allison Launches eGen Power™ for Medium and Heavy-Duty Commercial Trucks 2020-12-22
- Allison Brings Vehicle Testing into State-of-the-Art Indianapolis Facility 2020-09-04
- Jiangxi Isuzu Delivers 44 Units JIM EV pickups to Shanghai Pudong Airport Group 2019-07-05
- Jiangxi Isuzu Releases Three Pickups in Kunming 2019-05-23
- Qingling Isuzu Secures an Order of 100 Units Trucks 2019-01-11
- Isuzu Philippines Pagbilao Dealership Opens Its Door to Serve Customers 2018-10-12
- Cummins and Isuzu Sign Letter of Intent to Evaluate Partnership Opportunities 2018-10-09
- The 50,000th Isuzu N-Series Truck Rolls off Line in America 2018-08-07
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY