SHACMAN Expects Its Assembly Plant in Mexico to Begin Operation in Nov.
Chinese truck manufacturer Shacman is setting up shop in Mexico and expects its new assembly plant in Ciudad Sahagún, Hidalgo, to begin operations in November.
The company, which markets a wide variety of products, including military vehicles, heavy-duty trucks and buses to more than 90 countries, chose Mexico as the location of the new plant in order to expand into the Americas, including the United States, Mexico general manager Carlos Pardo told Reuters.
Shacman is a subsidiary of the Shaanxi Automobile Holding Group. It was founded in 1968 and employs over 32,000 people worldwide.
During the first five years, the company expects to manufacture some 5,000 trucks destined for the domestic market in Mexico, but in the medium term the goal is to export to Latin American countries where it already has a commercial presence, such as Argentina, the Caribbean, Colombia and Venezuela and, later, to North America.
“We believe that we can be more efficient if we can supply units from here to the region. Our great challenge is to conquer the American market, the United States and Canada,” Pardo said.
Mexico’s free trade agreements with several nations, many of them on the American continent, make it a strategic location for the manufacturing plant as companies look to avoid disruptions to the supply chain that occurred during the coronavirus pandemic.
“… Mexico continues to be the great option to supply North America. The most important thing is that [the country] has a first-world logistics hub,” Pardo commented.
Pardo hopes that 2,000 units of its L3000 and X3000 models, which feature natural gas and diesel engines, will have been produced in Mexico by the end of 2021. The company says the trucks are 40% more fuel-efficient than gas-powered vehicles and will be priced around US $120,000. The plant is starting out with 30 employees but hopes to increase that number to 100 in the next year.
- First Batch of SHACMAN H3000S Roll Off in Myanmar 2021-09-02
- SHACMAN Sprinklers Deeply Involved in Volcano Clean-up Operations in Caribbean 2021-08-11
- SHACMAN Delivered a Batch of F3000 Sprinkler Trucks to Uzbekistan 2021-08-09
- SHACMAN's Brand Value Has Broken the RMB¥35 Billion Mark 2021-06-24
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May 2021-06-12
- 50 SHACMAN Trucks Were Delivered to Local Government of Kenya 2021-01-26
- SHACMAN Rolled Off the 10000th Delong K3000 Light Truck 2020-10-12
- Shacman Made Its Entry into Mexico’s Commercial Vehicle Market 2020-07-07
- SHACMAN-ZPMC South Africa Durban Specialized Tractor Delivery Ceremony Was Held 2020-07-04
- SHACMAN Nigeria Introduces Fire Trucks to Its Range of Products 2020-06-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY