Cummins Introduces New Heavy-duty Powertrain for Natural Gas Customers
Global power leader Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) and Cummins Westport Inc. announced today that the ISX12N+Endurant HD N powertrain from its Integrated power portfolio is now available for heavy-duty customers, delivering a fully integrated natural gas powertrain. The combination of the ISX12N near zero natural gas engine and the Endurant HD N 12-speed automated transmission from Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies is well suited for heavy-duty regional haul fleets looking to lower emissions and improve their sustainability profile.
“The ultra-low emissions of the ISX12N combined with the Endurant HD N transmission provides the optimal powertrain solution for customers working to lower their carbon footprint,” said Thomas R. Hodek, President of Cummins Westport. “The deep powertrain integration delivers improved launch, low speed maneuverability, and smoother shifts that drivers will appreciate.”
When paired with the Endurant HD N automated transmission, the ISX12N natural gas engine is available with a rating of 400 horsepower and 1,450 lb-ft torque and can operate with 100% compressed natural gas (CNG), liquid natural gas (LNG) or renewable natural gas (RNG). This reduces smog-forming NOx emissions by 90% compared to the current Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standard. When operated using RNG, the system is credited with a neutral to negative carbon index, resulting in net greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions at or below zero.
The new Endurant HD N automated transmission was optimized for integration with the ISX12N natural gas engine and features new software functionality and calibrations, and a new diaphragm spring clutch designed to meet the load requirements of the natural gas engine while protecting the engine for optimal performance.
The integration between the engine and transmission results in improved launch performance, improved low-speed maneuverability and smoother shifts when compared to previous natural gas engines and automated manual transmission combinations.
Inquiries regarding OEM availability may be made with your preferred OEM or dealer.
- Dongfeng Cummins Releases Pure Lubricant Products for Spare Parts 2021-07-21
- Cummins Selects Spain for Its Gigawatt Electrolyzer Plant with Iberdrola 2021-05-26
- Cummins Hydrogen Energy Engineering Center Starts Operation in Wuhan,China 2021-05-21
- Eaton Cummins Officially Starts Localized Production in China 2021-02-23
- Foton and Cummins Jointly Establish a New Joint Venture 2020-12-23
- Foton Cummins Rolls Off Its 100000th X Series Engine For the Year 2020 2020-12-17
- Cummins Rolls Out Two Natural Gas Engines with National VI Emission Standards 2020-09-30
- Cummins and Navistar Announce New Long-term Agreement 2020-08-17
- Cummins Releases 2019 Sustainability Progress Report 2020-07-22
- Cummins Delivers Fuel Cells for Refuse Trucks in Europe 2020-07-17
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY