Microvast and Gaussin Announce a Strategic Partnership
Microvast, a leading global provider of next-generation battery technologies for commercial and specialty vehicles that recently announced a planned business combination with Tuscan Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq: THCB), has been nominated by Gaussin (EURONEXT GROWTH: ALGAU - FR0013495298) for its next generation skateboard road truck platform.
Gaussin is a pioneer in the design and assembly of electric and fuel cell vehicles in transport and logistics industry. Both companies have announced the partnership to integrate Microvast's new generation of batteries for electric and hydrogen skateboard applications of Gaussin.
Microvast joins force with Gaussin in developing zero-emission next-gen skateboard truck platform
Today, Microvast was officially announced as battery supplier of Gaussin to power its new electric and hydrogen trucks. Both companies will collaborate to develop series of new skateboard road trucks, which can be deployed for multiple purposes in the logistics and transport field.
With its vertical integration capabilities, Microvast can provide a wide choice of different cell chemistries in its standard battery packs, which can fulfill the diversified technical requirements in terms of power, energy density and cycle life. The high-level modularity of Microvast batteries gives Gaussin great flexibility in vehicle design. Microvast believes that the excellent fast-charging capability, high energy density and outstanding safety features of Microvast battery solutions can meet the surging demand from major logistics players to shorten the charging duration and prolong the charging interval.
The skateboard for road trucks, a revolution in the field of clean and intelligent transport of goods
Gaussin launched in April 2021 the first “skateboard” in the world for class 8 road trucks, tractor or carrier from 18t to 44t, hydrogen or all-electric, a rolling, versatile and modular platform intended for the various market players.
The solution is aimed at traditional truck manufacturers as well as new entrants, body builders and other market players in autonomous navigation software area. More broadly, the skateboard road truck platform targets all players wishing to access a hydrogen and electric platform for clean and intelligent transport.
Gaussin and Microvast expect to start building the first prototypes in both full electric and hydrogen version in mid 2021 to test the vehicle performance. Microvast will first supply Gaussin with its off-the-shelf MV-C battery pack and then offer an upgrade possibility through MV-I battery pack with an energy density of more than 180 Wh/kg.
The hydrogen version of the road skateboard is a hybrid system that uses high power batteries in combination with a fuel cell to provide necessary power under certain conditions, with the driving range extended to almost 400 km thanks to the battery power.
The first prototypes are planned to be presented to major fleet and e-commerce companies in the United States and in Europe.
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April