Allision Introduces Innovative Propulsion Solution for Off-Highway Market
INDIANAPOLIS, July 22, 2021 – Allison Transmission, a leading designer and manufacturer of conventional and electrified vehicle propulsion solutions and the largest global manufacturer of medium- and heavy-duty fully automatic transmissions for commercial and defense vehicles, is pleased to announce the launch of the TerraTran™, its latest innovation in propulsion solutions purpose built for the global construction and mining markets.
A variant of Allison’s proven 4000 Series™ transmission, the TerraTran is purpose built for off-highway applications such as mobile crane, articulated dump truck and wide-body mining dump trucks, with enough application flexibility to enable Allison to target multiple additional on-highway opportunities. TerraTran was developed based on voice of customer input, which indicated a need for the proven reliability and durability of Allison’s 4000 Series transmission, but with increased horsepower, torque and GVW capability, while also adding fast reverse capability.
TerraTran has maximum power capability of up to 800 horsepower, and torque capability up to 3,025 lbs./ft., dependent upon the application in which it is deployed. TerraTran also features seven forward and two reverse speeds. With the additional fast reverse, TerraTran delivers improved productivity and optimized vocational efficiency. Field tests conducted over approximately two years have demonstrated that TerraTran delivers enhanced drivability, gradeability and maneuverability under demanding operating conditions.
Allison is also pleased to announce that in partnership with Xuzhou Construction Machinery Group (XCMG) headquartered in Xuzhou, China, the TerraTran will be launched first in XCMG’s all-terrain crane application.
“Collaborating with XCMG on their all-terrain crane application is a successful example of Allison working closely with our OEM partners to develop innovative solutions that deliver unparalleled performance and productivity to our end user customers, all in an effort to Improve the Way the World Works,” said Kartik Ramanan, Executive Director, Global Off-Highway Sales, Customer Support and Service Engineering at Allison Transmission. “TerraTran leverages Allison’s more than 65 years of experience moving earth, minerals and precious metals around the world where Allison Automatics have proven themselves in some of the most challenging conditions imaginable.”
The release of the Allison TerraTran in XCMG’s all-terrain crane is expected to further enhance the differentiated performance and value of XCMG products in the market, and will take the cooperation between the two parties to the next level, stated a spokesperson for XCMG Research and Development. XCMG’s decade long relationship with Allison Transmission is based on a strong foundation of performance and quality in Allison’s products.
- More than 100 XCMG Cranes Are Sent Overseas 2021-07-13
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time 2021-06-24
- XCMG Delivers 200 Construction Machinery to Brazilian Government 2020-07-10
- XCMG Bank Brazil Opens for Business 2020-07-09
- XCMG XG70 Wide-body Dumper Won Order Worth 30 Million Yuan in Inner Mongolia 2020-05-29
- XCMG Jumps up to Global Top Four on KHL's Yellow Table 2020 2020-05-21
- XCMG Signed 200 Orders with Malaysian Customer to be the Biggest Winner in bauma 2016-11-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April