Great Wall Acquires Daimler AG’s Plant in Brazil
Brazil, August 19th, 2021 -- On August 18th, 2021, Chinese automaker Great Wall Motor Co. and Daimler AG signed an agreement to officially acquire Iracemapolis plant, Daimler AG’s factory in Brazil.
After the acquisition officially takes effect, Brazilian Iracemapolis factory, including land, plant, machinery and equipment, will be handed over to Great Wall Motors. This transaction is a pure asset transaction and does not involve in personnel resettlement.
Meng Xiangjun, the rotating president of Great Wall Motor, said that this transaction will speed up GWM’s expansion in South America, promote the implementation of its strategy, and support GWM to develop towards a Global Smart Mobility Company.
In a statement confirming the move to Brazil, Liu Xiangshang, vice president of Great Wall said, “In terms of area, Brazil is not just the most populous country but it is the largest by area. Brazil's economy is the largest in South America. In terms of automobile sales, Brazil ranks seventh in the world with enormous market potentials. We consider Brazil a strategic market in the global internationalization plan. Within this plan, we are dedicated to studying the preferences of local consumers and the development and changes in the automobile market. With the investment, GWM will have the chance to produce smart, safe and high-end vehicles there and improve the ride experience of local citizens. There will also be more direct or indirect employment chances for local residents, possibility of developing local parts supplier, R&D and related industries, further promoting the transformation and upgrading of the local industrial structure, and contributing more taxes to the Brazilian government."
Based on GWM’s advanced concepts of production, quality management, environmental protection, and information management system, all in strict accordance with international standards, the new factory will serve as one of its global intelligent production bases. Its production will not only for the domestic Brazilian market but also for neighboring countries on the continent.
As soon as the factory is handed over, which should happen by the end of this year, Great Wall will begin to adapt the facilities to its product lines, raising the production capacity up to 100 thousand units per year and generating 2000 employment opportunities for its population.
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year 2021-08-19
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H 2021-06-10
- Great Wall Pickups Make Entry into the Egyptian Market 2021-04-15
- Great Wall Set Up Auto Plant in Jingmen, Hubei Province 2020-10-21
- BYD and HINO to Form a JV for Commercial Battery Electric Vehicles Development 2020-10-21
- Great Wall Poer Put Four New Vehicle Models on Display at Auto China 2020 2020-09-30
- Great Wall Motors Sold Over 20 Thousand Pickups in August, Up 80 Percent YOY 2020-09-21
- Great Wall to Start Pickup, SUV Production in Thailand Next year 2020-06-23
- Great Wall “P” Series Pickup Launched with“Super Five Star” Program 2019-09-26
- Great Wall Wingle 7EV Makes Its Debut 2019-09-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021