Great Wall Acquires Daimler AG’s Plant in Brazil
Brazil, August 19th, 2021 -- On August 18th, 2021, Chinese automaker Great Wall Motor Co. and Daimler AG signed an agreement to officially acquire Iracemapolis plant, Daimler AG’s factory in Brazil.
After the acquisition officially takes effect, Brazilian Iracemapolis factory, including land, plant, machinery and equipment, will be handed over to Great Wall Motors. This transaction is a pure asset transaction and does not involve in personnel resettlement.
Meng Xiangjun, the rotating president of Great Wall Motor, said that this transaction will speed up GWM’s expansion in South America, promote the implementation of its strategy, and support GWM to develop towards a Global Smart Mobility Company.
In a statement confirming the move to Brazil, Liu Xiangshang, vice president of Great Wall said, “In terms of area, Brazil is not just the most populous country but it is the largest by area. Brazil's economy is the largest in South America. In terms of automobile sales, Brazil ranks seventh in the world with enormous market potentials. We consider Brazil a strategic market in the global internationalization plan. Within this plan, we are dedicated to studying the preferences of local consumers and the development and changes in the automobile market. With the investment, GWM will have the chance to produce smart, safe and high-end vehicles there and improve the ride experience of local citizens. There will also be more direct or indirect employment chances for local residents, possibility of developing local parts supplier, R&D and related industries, further promoting the transformation and upgrading of the local industrial structure, and contributing more taxes to the Brazilian government."
Based on GWM’s advanced concepts of production, quality management, environmental protection, and information management system, all in strict accordance with international standards, the new factory will serve as one of its global intelligent production bases. Its production will not only for the domestic Brazilian market but also for neighboring countries on the continent.
As soon as the factory is handed over, which should happen by the end of this year, Great Wall will begin to adapt the facilities to its product lines, raising the production capacity up to 100 thousand units per year and generating 2000 employment opportunities for its population.
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year 2021-08-19
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H 2021-06-10
- Great Wall Pickups Make Entry into the Egyptian Market 2021-04-15
- Great Wall Set Up Auto Plant in Jingmen, Hubei Province 2020-10-21
- BYD and HINO to Form a JV for Commercial Battery Electric Vehicles Development 2020-10-21
- Great Wall Poer Put Four New Vehicle Models on Display at Auto China 2020 2020-09-30
- Great Wall Motors Sold Over 20 Thousand Pickups in August, Up 80 Percent YOY 2020-09-21
- Great Wall to Start Pickup, SUV Production in Thailand Next year 2020-06-23
- Great Wall “P” Series Pickup Launched with“Super Five Star” Program 2019-09-26
- Great Wall Wingle 7EV Makes Its Debut 2019-09-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY