ZF Introduces New Technologies for Clean and Efficient Commercial Vehicles
One third of the Class 4-8 commercial vehicle market in the U.S. and Canada will migrate to battery-electric solutions in the next 10 years, according to a recent study by ACT Research*. ZF boasts an unmatched product portfolio that addresses the industry’s need for clean and efficient technology of conventional and electrified vehicles. ZF is showcasing these solutions at the 2021 Advanced Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo, Aug. 30-Sept. 2 in Long Beach, California.
“With the successful integration of WABCO, ZF offers our customers an unparalleled level of eMobility systems expertise that will help the industry meet its goals for a clean and efficient future,” said Christian Feldhaus, Director Commercial Vehicle Driveline Technology North America, ZF. “We are committed to innovate and expand solutions for the North American commercial vehicle market as it moves toward electrification and the Next Generation of Mobility.”
ZF Product Portfolio Offers a Gateway to the Future
ZF’s product portfolio, including the AxTrax electric axle and the CeTrax electric central drive, supports OEs greenhouse gas (GHG) challenges. “We are nearing 1 million miles of real-world experience with AxTrax on the Freightliner eCascadia with tremendous results,” Feldhaus explained. “We’re pleased to announce that by 2023, ZF will progressively launch a complete modular next generation of electric drives, with axle and central drives for pickups, trucks and buses of up to 100,000 lbs. – and a major North American OE will launch in the same year”. ZF’s all-new electric drives will offer up to 360kW continuous power for battery electric or fuel cell electric vehicles.
PowerLine Paving the Way to Clean and Efficient Mobility
As a near-term technology evolution, ZF announced in February that it is investing $200 million in North American commercial vehicle transmission manufacturing at its South Carolina transmission facility. Multiple North American customers have signed multi-year contracts and while U.S. production will begin in 2023, PowerLine is on U.S. roads today. “While eMobility is presenting itself at a fast pace, conventional automatic transmissions should not be overlooked as they continue to play a significant role supporting OEs to meet GHG targets for the next decades,” Feldhaus said. “PowerLine can help generate fuel savings of more than 10 percent and is package protected for mild hybrid electric vehicle (MHEV) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) platforms, supporting the industry transformation to a fully electrified future.” The efficiency of PowerLine is being proven in everyday operation by North American fleets.
In addition to ZF advanced driveline solutions, whether automatic transmissions or ZF’s full eDrive portfolio, ZF also offers electric power steering, advanced air management and braking system technology – making ZF the most capable system integration partner – creating synergies and developing technologies that electrify commercial vehicle systems.
ZF electric power steering helps achieve more fully electrified vehicle architectures
ZF advanced air management is now available for North American applications, and combines decades of expertise to bring highly efficient and intelligent air management solutions to the market to minimize energy use, fuel consumption and reduce emissions
Electronic Air Compressor, e-comp, provides an efficient solution for the new generation of electric, hybrid and fuel cell commercial vehicles
Electronic Air Processing, eSystem Saver, solutions intelligently and efficiently control the air management system to improve fuel economy, drying performance and air quality
- ZF Sales Goes Up 43% YoY for H1, 2021 2021-08-02
- ZF Attends 2021 Volvo Auto Asia-Pacific Science Day on Sustainable Development 2021-07-23
- ZF Jiaxing Homebase Commits ZF to More R&D Activities in China 2021-06-30
- ZF Commercial Vehicle Division Jiaxing Homebase Starts Operation 2021-06-25
- Auto Shanghai 2021: ZF is Driving Intelligence for Software-defined Vehicles 2021-04-16
- ZF CEO: China Is the Most Promising Market 2020-08-10
- ZF Completes WABCO Acquisition 2020-06-01
- ZF and Wolong to Form JV for Production of Electric Motors and Components 2019-11-21
- ZF Opens First Plant in Vietnam 2019-11-13
- ZF Posts Half-Year Financial Results: Reacts to Difficult Market Environment 2019-08-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY