Heishan Fleet Selects Tonly Mining Trucks with Allison 4800 ORS Transmission
BEIJING, October 2021 – Allison Transmission, a leading designer and manufacturer of conventional and electrified vehicle propulsion solutions and the largest global manufacturer of medium- and heavy-duty fully automatic transmissions for commercial and defense vehicles, offers myriad benefits ranging from high productivity, enhanced driver control to low operating cost for off-road mining truck applications with its 4800 Off Road Series™ (ORS) transmission.
Heishan fleet (Xinjiang Tiantuo Jiye Mechanic Engineering Co.,Ltd.), a renowned mining and infrastructure company based in Xinjiang, has ordered 101 units of wide body mining dump (WBMD) trucks from Shaanxi Tonly Heavy Industries Co., Ltd., a leader in China’s mining dump truck industry. Based on a Tonly chassis 6x4, the new 96-ton mining truck is powered by a 390kW Weichai engine rated at 2300 N•m torque and an Allison 4800 ORS fully automatic transmission with engine-driven Power Take-Off and a hydraulic retarder for enhanced braking and reduced brake wear, ensures optimum drivability and control for off-road heavy duty-cycle operations.
“Since our first 10 units arrived 6 months ago and the last batch 2 months ago, there has been significant increase in productivity on the job sites,” said Jin Hongxin, Vice GM of Heishan fleet. “Our fleet of WBMD trucks mainly operate in open coal-mining pits, separating coal from rocks. The environment is very harsh and the hours are very long with two shifts 20 hours per day. The Allison-equipped truck can carry more loads per day due to its powerful performance, faster acceleration and easier operation. The estimated increase in productivity with new WBMD trucks is about 10% more than those with manual transmissions.”
Designed to increase efficiency and reliability for medium- and heavy-duty vehicles in a wide variety of applications, an Allison fully automatic transmission is distinguished for its patented Continuous Power Technology™, featuring a hydraulic torque converter which smoothly multiplies peak engine torque, delivering more power to the wheels than other transmission technology. Allison’s 4000-8000 Off-Road Series™ transmissions are engineered specifically for the severe duty-cycles trucks face in mining environments. Rigid, wide-body and articulated dump trucks outfitted with Allison Automatics accelerate quickly and smoothly on all kinds of terrain - gravel roads, loose soil, mud or steep grades.
“Allison has made my work much easier. The heavy-loaded truck is more powerful when going up hills without rollback,” said Zhang Wenlong, an experienced driver who drove a manual WBMD truck for five years and has driven an Allison Automatic equipped truck for six months. “I can concentrate on driving the truck without having to worry about selecting the correct gear or being distracted in dangerous situations. Now I make more rounds carrying coal and ore without feeling exhausted at the end of the shift. Thanks to Allison Transmission which makes my job much easier and safer.”
“Compared to standard mining trucks, WBMD trucks with Allison Automatics have better return on investment. The main advantages of a fully automatic truck lie in the safety and ease of operation, which certainly expanded our potential driver pool,” said Jin. “In addition, we don’t need to consider quality and repair issues as long as we properly handle the trucks. All we need is to change the oil and filter periodically. Allison has a professional repair team with fast response. This has significantly reduced our maintenance costs and we will continue to purchase trucks with Allison transmissions.”
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- 30 Days Countdown to CIIE, Volvo Group Announces Participation in the Expo
- SANY to Attend the Second China-Africa Economic and Trade Expo
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Top Ten Sales in New Energy Light-duty Trucks in September
- China Top 10 Tractor Head Performers in September
- Top Ten Sales in Heavy-duty Truck Market in September
- Light-duty Truck Sales Increased by More Than 30 Percent MOM in September
- JMC Pickup Sales Went Up by 13% YOY From January to September
- Sales Revenue Doubles in 50 Countries: SANY’s Internationalization Acceleratin
- SAIC Maxus' Sales Volume for Sep. Reached Record 17,684 Units, Up 25% YOY
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July