BYD Signs COP26 Agreement to Speed Up EV Adoption
GLASGOW November 18 /chinatrucks.com/ -- Glasgow BYD, the world leader in electric vehicle technology and manufacturing, joined government, business, and environmental leaders in signing three agreements at the Glasgow COP26 Climate Change conference to accelerate the adoption of zero-emission vehicles and supporting infrastructure.
Combined, the three agreements call for global cooperation in speeding up adoption of zero emission cars, vans, medium-duty and heavy-duty trucks, and creating charging infrastructure. BYD and the other signatories pledge to align public policy and funding as well as private business strategy, production, and investment toward achieving ambitious zero-emission vehicle adoption goals.
Isbrand Ho, Managing Director of BYD B.V. , offered his expertise at panel discussions on zero emission transportation infrastructure entitled “Nothing Moves Without It” at the COP26 conference.
In signing the first agreement, drafted by representatives of the United Kingdom, BYD will join the push for global sales of new cars and vans being zero emission by 2040, and by no later than 2035 in leading markets. The agreement calls for governments at all levels to make policies and investments to support EV sales. The agreement also calls for private businesses, such as BYD, to align their business strategies to reach this ambitious goal.
BYD also signed an agreement endorsing a global Memorandum of Understanding calling for countries to have 30% of its new medium-duty and heavy-duty vehicles to be zero emission by 2030 and be 100% by 2040. BYD is joining government, businesses, and environmental organizations to make the transition to zero emission vehicles easier and more cost effective by removing strategic, political, and technical barriers, and accelerating EV adoption and deployment.This agreement was drafted by the Netherlands and CALSTART, a nonprofit seeking to build a high-tech clean-transportation industry.
The third document signed by BYD calls for accelerating the creation of a comprehensive network of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. The document offers a set of recommendations to reach this goal, including developing e-mobility roadmaps, prioritizing investments in electricity network infrastructure, encouraging private investment, removing financial barriers to the installation of charging infrastructure, and developing charging networks that are open, user-friendly, and scalable.
BYD ADL pure-electric buses are playing a prominent role at COP26, the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow.
A fleet of ten BYD ADL Enviro400EV double deck buses have provided zero-emissions VIP transportation for world leaders, including UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and UN Secretary-General António Guterres. The double deck eBuses, built in Scotland as part of the BYD ADL partnership were operated by Stagecoach, the UK’s largest public transport operator.
Additionally, BYD ADL eBuses are in operation by First Bus as part of the all-important shuttle service for delegates attending the Conference. A fleet of 22 Enviro200EV zero-emission buses, all built in Scotland, are being used for this purpose.
- Foton Auman Serve the World 5G Conference 2019-11-22
- Linglong Partner Conference of South American&Carribean Region Held in Panama 2019-10-10
- JAC Held Its Int'l Distributors Annual Conference 2019 2019-04-17
- SHACMAN Ready to Further Expand Its Overseas Presence in 2019 2018-12-03
- Invitation to the “Monthly Supply & Demand Conference” in Beijing, China 2018-08-21
- JAC Held Its International Annual Conference 2018 2018-04-24
- Jiefang Showcases its Electric Vehicles at its Annual Business Conference 2017-12-19
- C&C Interim Dealer Conference in Wuhu, LNG heavy truck 2013-08-26
- JAC famous oversea 2009-08-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021