FOTON Motor Launches 100% Commercial EVs in Thailand
THAILAND, November 19, 2021 /chinatrucks.com/ -- International Energy Agency (IEA) statistics shows that transportation has become the second leading contributor of carbon emissions. The emissions from commercial vehicles account for 40% of the total road transport emissions. This makes the switch to new energy vehicles more imminent. To reduce carbon emissions, Thailand government also plans to positively promote efforts for the development of electric automotive industry. Its initial goals set out by Thai Energy Efficiency Development Plan 2015-2036 (EEP 2015) is to provide power support for the stock of 1,200,000 electric vehicles in the domestic Thailand market by 2036, said Thailand secretary of energy.
On November 18, FOTON Launched 5 100% commercial electric vehicles in Thailand on the second anniversary of CP FOTON, a joint venture set up by Thailand Charoen Pokphand (CP) Group and China FOTON Motor Group. This indicates that FOTON Motor has officially entered into the Thailand commercial Electric vehicle market in collaboration with Thailand Charoen Pokphand (CP) Group. Afterwards, CP FOTON will offer electric commercial vehicle solutions to upgrade its traditional means of transport, speeding up the realization of a low-carbon society in Thailand.
At the launch ceremony, CP FOTON reported stronger-than-expected Q1-Q3 sales performance, with the sales of over 300 units and a year-on-year increase of 200%. “I think this is a very important milestone to drive innovation in the country’s economy and will grow our transport operators, vehicle owners and business partners as well. “ said Nopadol Chiaravanont, vice chairman of Industrial Business Group at Charoen Pokphand Group(CP Group).
Nopadol Chiaravanont, vice chairman of Industrial Business Group at Charoen Pokphand Group(CP Group)
Over the past two years, CP FOTON has been committed to developing every segment, delivering a secured product supply and more extensive customer services by setting up a distribution network involving 20 dealers. With a 10 million-unit global sales and customers’ trust, FOTON Motor has received positive response from the market in Thailand, commented Kritsana Settharangkun, managing director at CP FOTON.
Kritsana Settharangkun, managing director at CP FOTON
The 5 100% commercial electric vehicles CP FOTON launched to the Thailand market are specifically designed based on the applications in urban logistics, terminal delivery, port transportation and mining haulage, and will further expand to the entire electric product portfolio. As described in the theme of the ceremony "EVlution Go Beyond 2022", CP FOTON will take 100% electric as its core technology and offer more sustainable solutions to the trucking industry in Thailand.
FOTON IBLUE Full Electric Commercial Vehicle Made Its Market Debut
Over many years, FOTON has been focusing on the market demand for product and service and providing prominent products. As one of the first new energy vehicle manufacturers in China, FOTON’s new energy sector has now had 8 core R&D capacities to develop powertrain integration, simulation analysis on vehicle performance, batteries, motor control, and vehicle control software and much more.
FOTON vehicles are on a par with its rivals and enjoy great popularity among the consumers. In the coming three years, CP FOTON’s goal is to move up to the third place in Thailand commercial vehicle market and become the first choice of customers by expanding offerings to customers. This introduction of the electric products to the Thailand market is also an important measure required to further expand the global market, commented Kritsana Settharangkun, managing director at CP FOTON.
FOTON’s operation strategy in the Asian area will focus on Thailand. With the CP FOTON regional operation base setting up, FOTON Motor looks to expand its business in new energy vehicle based on its traditional operation there. The strategy will also contribute to the achievement of zero-carbon society in Thailand and speed up the local economy in a cleaner manner.
- Cummins Starts Technical Certification Program for FOTON Mexico 2022-04-15
- FOTON Pakistan Delivered 3 Express Logistics Vehicle to DHL 2022-04-12
- CP FOTON’s Dealer Summit & AUMARK FLEX Launch Ceremony Held in Thailand 2022-04-12
- AUMAN EST-M Rolled off the Line at Foton Pakistan Factory 2022-04-03
- 400 Units of FOTON AUMAN Trucks Delivered to an Int'l Brewery Group of Nigeria 2022-04-01
- FOTON Mexico Passed the ISO9001 International Quality System Certification 2022-03-30
- FOTON Got First RCEP Certificate of Origin to Malaysia Issued by Beijing Customs 2022-03-23
- FOTON and Piaggio Group’s 10000TH NP6 New Porter Built at Italian Plant 2022-03-12
- FOTON Donates Mobile Service Vehicle to Boost Healthcare in Pakistan 2022-03-08
- FOTON AUMAN Impressed the World with Powerful Backing for "Dual Olympic City" 2022-02-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021