SANY Factory Certified as World’s First Lighthouse Factory in Heavy Machinery
Recently, the Davos World Economic Forum (WEF) published the latest batch of “Lighthouse” factories in the global manufacturing industry. SANY’s drilling machinery factory in Beijing made the list, becoming the first certified Lighthouse factory among heavy equipment manufacturers.
Nicknamed “Lighthouses”, these production workshops are well known for being the most advanced factories in the world. Since the first list in 2018, two authorities, the Davos World Economic Forum (WEF) and McKinsey Consulting, have jointly selected 90 factories worldwide for lighting the path to the future, being examples of the highest level of digital manufacturing and Globalization 4.0.
According to the WEF, SANY Beijing stands out with the comprehensive application of up-to-date technologies such as advanced automation, human-machine collaboration, and AI and IoT technologies, boosting productivity by 185% while reducing production lead time by 77% (from 30 to 7 days).
SANY Robot Technology Co., Ltd.
The digital transformation of SANY prompted the launch of a new subsidiary company, SANY Robot Technology Co., Ltd., which is propelling SANY Group towards accomplishing the mission of becoming the pioneer of intelligent manufacturing.
Back in 2019, when the existing drilling machinery factory was being upgraded to become the first world-class Lighthouse factory, there were no precedents ― no examples for SANY to refer to nor existing technology or suppliers to rely on. Thus, SANY Robot Technology was born in the context of SANY’s digital transformation. By deeply participating in the phases of conceptual design, technological verification and construction, SANY Robot Technology grew alongside the rebirth of the drilling machinery Lighthouse factory.
Many technological breakthroughs have been made by SANY’s new Robot Technology division along the way. Examples include a three-dimensional warehouse of steel plate, the loading and unloading of heavier and longer (27 m) materials with 5G AGVs (Automated Guided Vehicles), the automatic assembly and welding of material in narrow spaces, and large-groove coordinated welding by multi-robots with laser sensors.
With all such technologies in place, intelligent operation is realized throughout the entire manufacturing cycle, encompassing logistics, warehousing, material preparation, welding, processing, assembly and painting.
One of the latest technical updates is the new Intelligent Storage System based on AR and speech recognition technologies. Now, picking and distribution tasks are assigned to workers through their AR glasses, who can effectively handle tasks by giving hands-free voice commands.
- Tesla Shanghai Super Factory to Start Operation Soon 2019-08-28
- Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand 2019-02-28
- Tesla Secures Land in China for Its First Factory Outside US 2018-10-19
- Daimler Rolls Out 100,000th Vehicle from TN Factory 2018-09-07
- Linglong to Build Tire Factory in Serbia 2018-08-31
- Scania Sets to Launch Its Own China Truck Factory As Ownership Rules Eased 2018-08-21
- BYD Anounces Another Expansion to Its California Factory 2018-04-27
- Brazilian Factory of China’s Foton Motors Group to Be Built in Rio de Janeiro 2013-07-16
- New Factory of DFAC to be put into Use 2013-06-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Chery Rolls Off Its New Energy Mining Truck in Erdos
- FAW Jiefang Put into Operation Its J7 Smart Vehicle Plant
- JAC Kazakhstan Plant Rolls Off Its 40,000th Vehicle in 2021
- SANY Factory Certified as World’s First Lighthouse Factory in Heavy Machinery
- FAW Jiefang and ZOOMLION Continue to Deepen Their Strategic Partnership
- SAIC Light Truck EH500 Electric Sanitation Vehicle Obtains EU Certificate
- 30 Days Countdown to CIIE, Volvo Group Announces Participation in the Expo
- SANY to Attend the Second China-Africa Economic and Trade Expo
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Top Ten Sales in New Energy Light-duty Trucks in October
- Top 10 Export Markets for Chinese Trucks in JAN.-SEP. 2021
- Top Ten New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Brands
- Top Ten Sales in New Energy Light-duty Trucks in September
- China Top 10 Tractor Head Performers in September
- Top Ten Sales in Heavy-duty Truck Market in September
- Light-duty Truck Sales Increased by More Than 30 Percent MOM in September
- JMC Pickup Sales Went Up by 13% YOY From January to September
- Sales Revenue Doubles in 50 Countries: SANY’s Internationalization Acceleratin
- SAIC Maxus' Sales Volume for Sep. Reached Record 17,684 Units, Up 25% YOY