SANY Factory Certified as World’s First Lighthouse Factory in Heavy Machinery
Recently, the Davos World Economic Forum (WEF) published the latest batch of “Lighthouse” factories in the global manufacturing industry. SANY’s drilling machinery factory in Beijing made the list, becoming the first certified Lighthouse factory among heavy equipment manufacturers.
Nicknamed “Lighthouses”, these production workshops are well known for being the most advanced factories in the world. Since the first list in 2018, two authorities, the Davos World Economic Forum (WEF) and McKinsey Consulting, have jointly selected 90 factories worldwide for lighting the path to the future, being examples of the highest level of digital manufacturing and Globalization 4.0.
According to the WEF, SANY Beijing stands out with the comprehensive application of up-to-date technologies such as advanced automation, human-machine collaboration, and AI and IoT technologies, boosting productivity by 185% while reducing production lead time by 77% (from 30 to 7 days).
SANY Robot Technology Co., Ltd.
The digital transformation of SANY prompted the launch of a new subsidiary company, SANY Robot Technology Co., Ltd., which is propelling SANY Group towards accomplishing the mission of becoming the pioneer of intelligent manufacturing.
Back in 2019, when the existing drilling machinery factory was being upgraded to become the first world-class Lighthouse factory, there were no precedents ― no examples for SANY to refer to nor existing technology or suppliers to rely on. Thus, SANY Robot Technology was born in the context of SANY’s digital transformation. By deeply participating in the phases of conceptual design, technological verification and construction, SANY Robot Technology grew alongside the rebirth of the drilling machinery Lighthouse factory.
Many technological breakthroughs have been made by SANY’s new Robot Technology division along the way. Examples include a three-dimensional warehouse of steel plate, the loading and unloading of heavier and longer (27 m) materials with 5G AGVs (Automated Guided Vehicles), the automatic assembly and welding of material in narrow spaces, and large-groove coordinated welding by multi-robots with laser sensors.
With all such technologies in place, intelligent operation is realized throughout the entire manufacturing cycle, encompassing logistics, warehousing, material preparation, welding, processing, assembly and painting.
One of the latest technical updates is the new Intelligent Storage System based on AR and speech recognition technologies. Now, picking and distribution tasks are assigned to workers through their AR glasses, who can effectively handle tasks by giving hands-free voice commands.
- Tesla Shanghai Super Factory to Start Operation Soon 2019-08-28
- Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand 2019-02-28
- Tesla Secures Land in China for Its First Factory Outside US 2018-10-19
- Daimler Rolls Out 100,000th Vehicle from TN Factory 2018-09-07
- Linglong to Build Tire Factory in Serbia 2018-08-31
- Scania Sets to Launch Its Own China Truck Factory As Ownership Rules Eased 2018-08-21
- BYD Anounces Another Expansion to Its California Factory 2018-04-27
- Brazilian Factory of China’s Foton Motors Group to Be Built in Rio de Janeiro 2013-07-16
- New Factory of DFAC to be put into Use 2013-06-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021