Allison Completes Installation of eGen Power™ E-Axle Production Assembly Line
INDIANAPOLIS, November 9, 2021 – Allison Transmission, a leading designer and manufacturer of conventional, electric hybrid, and electrified vehicle propulsion solutions for tactical wheeled and tracked defense vehicles, and medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles, is pleased to announce that it has completed the installation of a new e-Axle production assembly line at Allison’s electric axle development and manufacturing facility in Auburn Hills, Michigan. This purpose built production line integrates automated assembly features and will manufacture Allison’s eGen PowerTM series of fully integrated electric axles, as Allison prepares to progressively increase output of pilot builds.
“The completion of the new assembly line and expansion of our e-Axle manufacturing capabilities marks a crucial step in bringing Allison’s eGen Power Series of electric axles to market,” said John Coll, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing, Sales and Service at Allison Transmission. “Through implementing this industry leading manufacturing and development infrastructure, we will ensure eGen Power e-Axles deliver the same uncompromising quality, reliability, durability and performance our customers have come to expect from our fully automatic transmission and electric hybrid propulsion solutions.”
Allison has made significant investments to develop a best-in-class infrastructure to support the development and production of the eGen Power family of electric axles. In addition to the production assembly line, Allison has also completed the installation of an e-Axle specific build verification test protocol. Each e-Axle will complete a series of tests to verify every system is functioning to specified performance levels. The test system will ensure that each eGen Power eAxle is manufactured and tested to Allison’s exacting production standards before it ships. Allison has also made significant investments in e-Axle dynamometer equipment to support fast, repeatable and reliable engineering development and design validation.
The Auburn Hills e-Axle facility is capable of building all products in the eGen Power product portfolio. This includes the eGen Power 100D for heavy duty 6x2 applications, and the eGen Power 130D, which is targeted for European and Asia Pacific applications where a 13 tonne gross axle weight rating is required. The facility will also manufacture the 100S, which addresses heavy duty 6x4 tractors and heavy duty tandem axle straight trucks, as well as medium duty truck and school bus applications.
- Allison Invests in Autotech Ventures to Access to Global Mobility Startups 2022-02-22
- Allison Transmission Delivers 2 Millionth 1000/2000 Series Transmission 2022-01-13
- SANY's All-Terrain Crane Featurs Allison Transmission 2021-12-24
- Heishan Fleet Selects Tonly Mining Trucks with Allison 4800 ORS Transmission 2021-11-08
- Allison to Acquire India-Based AVTEC's Transmission & Machining Business 2021-10-08
- JJE and Allison Partner to Develop CV Electrified Powertrain Solutions 2021-09-23
- Papua New Gu Customer to Order More CAMC Trucks with Allison AT 2021-06-25
- Allison Transmission Introduces xFE Transmissions for Medium-Duty Trucks 2021-06-04
- Allison and Emergency One Formalize Collaboration on Electric Axle Integration 2021-05-08
- São Paulo Fire Corps Renews Fleet with Allison Fully Automatic Transmissions 2021-03-15
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021