Yuchai Ignites China’s Largest and Most Powerful Hydrogen-fueled Engine
CHINA -- On June 30, Yuchai YCK16H hydrogen-fueled engine was successfully ignited in Yulin, Guangxi. With a displacement of 15.93 liters and a maximum horsepower of 560 horsepower, YCK16H is the largest and most powerful hydrogen internal combustion heavy-duty engine being launched in China. The successful ignition of Yuchai YCK16H marks another major step forward for Yuchai in the zero-carbon energy power system segment.
China's very first hydrogen engine was also developed by Yuchai. The YCK05H, designed for city buses, municipal administration, sanitation, and logistics markets, was first launched in December 2021, after which Yuchai started development of the YCK16H, specifically for heavy-duty commercial vehicles. This will also make Yuchai the first Chinese company to develop hydrogen engines for both light and heavy-duty trucks.
This platform is designed with high adaptability for fuel purity, allowing the engines to run on different hydrogen fuels, such as grey hydrogen, green hydrogen and methanol hydrogen. The fuel supply can be freely combined according to the user's needs and the basic conditions of fuel production, storage and transport, making it an adaptable, flexible and controllable zero/low carbon energy solution.
Unlike its counterparts on the market, the YCK16H is smaller and lighter, but produces more horsepower and can be used in a wide range of heavy commercial vehicles, such as 49T semi-trailers and distributed energy resource applications.
The engine is equipped with dual-channel turbocharging technology, which allows for both homogeneous and stratified in-cylinder mixing, enabling higher power and greater thermal efficiency.
The YCK16H is equipped with an intelligent control system and a highly efficient air management system, which enables two combustion modes: equivalent ratio combustion and lean combustion, and can adjust the injection fuel pressure and intake volume according to different fuels, so that different fuels can be used efficiently.
The use of ammonia is also supported by exhaust gas recirculation, which prevents combustion difficulties and uncontrolled spontaneous combustion in ammonia engines. The advantages of methanol and ammonia over hydrogen are lower preparation costs, easier storage, lower environmental impact and wider applicability.
The first engine to be developed on the basis of hydrogen power platform is the YCK15N. The gas-powered engine has already passed static laboratory and on-road tests and will enter production by the end of 2022.
- Yuchai Launches Its Internal Combustion Engine Fueled with Hydrogen 2021-12-24
- LIUGONG Mining Trucks Powered by Yuchai Engines to Be Exported to South America 2021-10-11
- China’s First Ammonia Diesel Engine for Heavy Vehicle Ignited Successfully 2022-04-07
- Cummins's New Low-carbon Fuel-agnostic Engine Platform Strategy 2022-02-18
- Jiefang's Engine Export Up 56% in the Fist Six Months 2021-06-30
- FAWDE Rolls Out Its 7,600,000th Engine 2019-10-08
- Shanghai Diesel Engine E Series Natural Gas Engine Passes State Tests 2019-06-04
- Weichai H Series Engine Sold 40,000 Units in Hebei 2019-04-17
- FAW Jiefang Engine Branch Held 2019 Procurement Conference 2018-12-27
- Yuchai Brings National VI Engines on Display at Engine China 2018 2018-11-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Hanma Tech to Stop Production of Traditional Fuel Vehicles by 2025
- First Hydrogen Fueled Heavy-duty Trucks Put into Service in Beijing, China
- Future-oriented Decision: MAN Builds Battery Factory in Nuremberg
- Yutong's New Energy Commercial Vehicle Base Project Kicks Off
- Scania China's Localized Fleet Management System S+ was Officially Launched
- Mercedes-Benz Trucks to Unveil the eActros LongHaul Electric Truck at IAA
- FULONGMA Group Makes Its Debut at IFAT, in Munich, Germany
- Empowering Smart Logistics: Transferring Cabs by SHACMAN Autonomous Trucks
- China’s First Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine Powered Heavy Truck Unveiled
- Geely Teams up with Hainan Government to Build New Energy SPV Plant in Haikou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Sales of New Energy Dump Trucks Jump 476% YoY in First Five Months
- Overall Sales of SACI MAXUS in the First Six Months Hit 81,000 Units
- JMC Saw 61.09% Increase in Exports in the first half of 2022
- Total Chinese Heavy-duty Truck Market for June 2022 Reached 53000 Units
- SAIC MAXUS Sold a Total of 12,557 Vehicles in May
- Sales of New Energy Dumpers Rise by 325.9% in April of 2022
- New Energy Truck Sales Rose by 528% YOY in January to April
- China's Truck Export Rose by 23% YOY to 36272 Units in January to April
- A Total of 52000 SAIC MAXUS Vehicles Were Sold in January-April
- China's Truck Export Rose by 33% to 99547 Units in Q1, 2021