IVECO and Nikola Launch the Nikola Tre BEV Battery Electric Heavy Truck at IAA
Nikola Corporation (Nasdaq: NKLA), a global leader in zero-emissions transportation and energy infrastructure solutions, began a new era in zero-emissions transport with their partner IVECO, the commercial vehicle brand of Iveco Group, at the IAA Transportation 2022 today. The companies commercially launched the European Nikola Tre battery-electric vehicle (BEV) and unveiled the European Nikola Tre fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV) beta version. The two vehicles were presented at a press conference on the Nikola and IVECO main stage, where they are on display. Visitors to the exhibition can also view demonstrations in the outdoor IAA Test Drive Experience and ride alongs in the Nikola Tre BEV to experience its performance, comfort and advanced intuitive features.
The European 4x2 Artic version of the Nikola Tre BEV is a zero-emissions heavy-duty truck with the best-in-class range of up to 530 km and the performance to complete a wide range of regional missions.
The European Nikola Tre FCEV in beta version also made its debut, offering a glimpse of the soon-to-come electric propulsion semi-truck for long hauling, and is expected to launch in the second half of 2023 in North America and first half of 2024 in Europe.
“The Nikola Tre battery-electric and fuel cell electric zero-emission trucks are true game changers in commercial trucking,” said Michael Lohscheller, President, Nikola Corporation. “Specifically developed as electric vehicles, they deliver the performance and driving experience able to compete with their diesel-powered peers in the toughest heavy-duty missions. They offer operationally and financially viable zero-emissions solutions for regional applications and long-distance hauling that will give customers a true competitive advantage.”
“Today we are making history with the first products for the European market of IVECO’s powerful partnership with Nikola Corporation,” said Luca Sra, Truck Business Unit President, Iveco Group. “Together, our teams have designed a modular platform capable of hosting both fuel cell and battery propulsion technologies, starting with the European 4x2 Artic version of the Nikola Tre BEV heavy-duty truck making its debut here today. It is the first-ever electric-born modular platform for articulated heavy-duty tractors hosting both energy sources: battery-electric for missions of approximately 500 km and fuel cell electric powertrain for hauling up to 800 km in its first generation. A true revolution that marks a tangible step towards our ambitious goal of achieving a zero-emissions transport.”
The European Nikola Tre BEV is produced by the Nikola IVECO Europe joint venture in its dedicated manufacturing plant in Ulm, Germany. The facility, inaugurated in 2021, features a final assembly process specifically designed for electric vehicles and operates to world-class manufacturing standards.
ORDERS OPEN FOR EUROPEAN NIKOLA TRE BEV
Nikola and IVECO announced today the official opening of orders for the European 4x2 Artic version of the Nikola Tre BEV. The vehicle, which has a wheelbase of 4,021 mm, features nine batteries with a total energy storage up to 738 kWh, which delivers a range of up to 530 km. An 80% charge takes an estimated 100 minutes at 350 kW. With 480 kW continuous power of the FPT Industrial e-Axle, the truck has the power, torque and range to perform applications such as hub-to-hub deliveries and regional hauling – and its mileage can be extended with opportunity charging. This performance comes with low Total Cost of Ownership, making it an operationally and financially viable zero-emission solution.
In line with its driver-centric approach, every detail in the Nikola Tre BEV’s cab is designed to enhance life on board with a spacious and well laid out environment rich in comfort features and advanced functionality. The infotainment system is based on Nikola’s new-generation proprietary operating technology that integrates infotainment and navigation functions, as well as controls for most of the vehicle’s functions. The exceptionally smooth ride and a quiet environment add to the superior driver experience, which is expected to make the Nikola Tre a true favorite of drivers across Europe.
- Hyundai and IVECO Present the First Fuel Cell Large Van at IAA 2022-09-20
- IVECO, Enel X to Develop e-Mobility for Commercial Vehicles in Europe 2022-04-24
- IVECO, FPT Industrial and Nikola Unveil All-electric Nikola TRE 2019-12-06
- Brazil Ambev Placed an Order for 1,600 All-electric Trucks with Volkswagen 2018-08-24
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- National Fuel Cell Technology Innovation Center Officially Launched in Shandong
- CIMC Posts Record-high Overseas Revenue and Profit in H1
- FAW Jiefang Forms a New Energy Vehicle Joint Venture with Battery Giant CATL
- 2022 Discovery & Trust Truck Users Survey Campaign Starts
- What Makes CAMC's Battery-swapping Tractor a Superstar in NEV Market
- GEELY, Yuexiu Reached a ¥3 Billion Cooperation on Battery Swapping Heavy Trucks
- SANY and Pony.ai Form Joint Venture to Mass Produce Autonomous Trucks
- FULONGMA's Electric Garbage Truck Debuts at Indonesian PEVS
- SHACMAN Attends the 34th Mobil Delvac Truck Field Race in Colombia
- BYD Makes Its Debut on the Fortune Global 500 List for 2022
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China’s Pickup Sales Continued Robust Growth in August
- New Energy Heavy Trucks Saw 127% YOY Growth in August 2022
- Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Players in August
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 54% YOY to 48700 Units in July
- FAW Jiefang Reports 42% YoY Increase in Overseas Sales in H1, 2022
- NEV Dumpers Surge 503% YoY to 2745 Units in the First Seven Months
- China's Pickup Truck Sales Went Up 19% in June
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 29% YOY to 220,789 Units in H1, 2022
- Sales of New Energy Dump Trucks Jump 476% YoY in First Five Months
- Overall Sales of SACI MAXUS in the First Six Months Hit 81,000 Units