Werner Enterprises Signs LoI to Buy 500 Cummins Hydrogen Engines
Werner Enterprises (Nasdaq: WERN), a premier transportation and logistics provider, and Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI), a global power solutions provider, announced today Werner signed a letter of intent to purchase 500 Cummins’ 15-liter hydrogen internal combustion engines upon availability. The two companies announced earlier this year, Werner Enterprises plans to validate and integrate Cummins’15-liter natural gas and Cummins’ X15H hydrogen engines, both part of Cummins’ fuel agnostic platform, into their fleet.
“At Werner, we’re committed to a 55 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2035 because we recognize the important role our sustainability efforts play,” said Werner’s Chairman, President and CEO, Derek Leathers. “Our customers are showing increased interest in more sustainable choices in the marketplace, and we see significant potential in utilizing Cummins’ fuel agnostic platform to continue the momentum toward reducing our carbon footprint.”
“We are pleased to see the leadership of customers like Werner Enterprises, who are exploring solutions like our fuel agnostic platform to help their own customers. The future will include many solutions to help customers decarbonize, and we believe hydrogen internal combustion engines will play an important role,” said Brett Merritt, Vice President On-Highway Engine Business, Cummins Inc.
Since announcing the fuel agnostic platform, which includes the Hydrogen option in both the 15 liter and 6.7 liter displacements, Cummins has responded to customer interest globally about the potential of the platform, and Hydrogen in particular.
“Our fleet customers have shown tremendous enthusiasm for Hydrogen internal combustion engines, which we believe can be a breakthrough technology essential to reaching Destination Zero,” said Jim Nebergall, General Manager, Cummins Hydrogen Engine Business. “With enough interest, we believe we can manufacture this technology at scale yet this decade providing customers with an option that is a low initial cost, extended vehicle range, powertrain installation commonality, and end user familiarity.”
Destination Zero™ is Cummins’ strategy to go further, faster to reduce the greenhouse gas (GHG) and air quality impacts of its products and reach net-zero emissions by 2050.
Hydrogen engines offer OEMs and end-users the benefit of adaptability by continuing to use familiar mechanical drivelines with vehicle and equipment integration. This mirrors current powertrains while continuing to provide the power and capability for meeting application needs. Significant reuse of parts and components from Cummins’ existing platforms drives scale advantages on cost and is also projected to deliver reliability and durability equal to diesel.
Hydrogen engines can use zero-carbon green hydrogen fuel, produced by Cummins-manufactured electrolyzers. The projected investment in renewable hydrogen production globally will provide a growing opportunity for the deployment of hydrogen-powered fleets utilizing either Cummins fuel cell or engine power.
Cummins Inc. will showcase its commitment to decarbonization at the industry’s largest tradeshow in Hannover, Germany this September. Cummins will display both medium- and heavy-duty hydrogen products, highlighting the technology’s ability to support decarbonization across multiple duty-cycles.
- Cummins Launches New Brand "Accelera" for Zero-Emissions Future 2023-03-10
- Cummins East Asia R&D Center New Base Began Operation 2022-11-29
- Cummins Participates in the 6th Foshan Hydrogen Expo(CHFE 2022) in China 2022-11-17
- Cummins Debuts Meritor 17Xe ePowertrain at IAA 2022-09-20
- Cummins to Unveil Hydrogen-powered, Zero-carbon Concept Truck at IAA 2022-09-15
- Cummins Finalizes $3.7 Billion Acquisition of Meritor 2022-08-05
- Cummins and Hyliion Collaborate to Bring Natural Gas Hypertruck ERX Powertrain 2022-07-11
- Cummins, KOMATSU to Advance on Developing Zero Emissions Mining Haul Truck 2022-07-05
- Cummins Named Best Employer for Diversity 2022 2022-05-30
- Cummins, Daimler Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trucks 2022-05-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Sale of the New MAN eTruck Starts
- Scania Adds Powertrain Production to Its Production Base in Rugao, China
- FOTON and Piaggio Group Extend Their Partnership to Electric Light CVs
- Notice of Office Closure During National Day Holiday
- SANY Attends Construction Indonesia 2023
- SANY's Vietnam Subsidiary Grandly Opened in Hanoi
- XCMG Leads the Way in Sustainable Manufacturing
- 2023 Global Energy Transition High-level Forum Opened in Beijing
- SINOTRUK Attends Mining Indonesia 2023
- BYD Ranks in Top 10 Kantar BrandZ Most Valuable Global Brands in Auto Category
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Exported 507,000 Trucks from Jan.-Sept., Up 21% YoY
- China Exported 65,000 Trucks in July, Up 17% YoY
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022