Half of Vietnam Truck Imports Are from China?
VIETNAM -- Statistics show that from January to July this year, 28,450 Chinese trucks were exported from China to Vietnam, making it the second largest export destination country. China has now become the biggest truck supplier for Vietnam, with imports from China accounting for 50 percent of import turnover.
China-made trucks have overtaken Japanese and Korean brands in the heavy truck segment in the competition with a market share of over 50% in Vietnam and even up to 80% in dump truck segment. In the segment of light and medium trucks, although Korean Hyundai is still considered to be the number one truck brand in Vietnam, Chinese truck brands represented by FOTON and JAC have begun catching up.
More and more China’s domestic automakers have shifted their focus from product exports to capital outflows, as overseas production might reduce costs, avoid trade barriers, In the long run, this move will help build Chinese brands in the global market.
Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co Ltd (JAC), an auto producer based in Hefei, has started construction on its first overseas plant to produce trucks in Vietnam in April, 2010.
In Vietnam, SINOTRUK has partnered with TMT (the number one truck manufacturer in Vietnam) to build an assembly line with an annual capacity of 20,000 units. In June 2019, the company's Euro 5 emission-compliant models were also presented at TMT's event and announced further improvements to its after-sales service in Vietnam. In addition, SINOTRUK is also cooperating with the Korean Automobile Company in Vietnam to assemble tippers and concrete mixers.
Currently, SINOTRUK ranks first among Chinese truck brands in Vietnam and has now deployed more than 70,000 trucks in the Vietnamese market. You can see how large this number is by comparing it to the annual truck sales in Vietnam in 2021, which stood at 68,000 units, and that's just the volume from one brand, SINOTRUK. If you have the opportunity to travel to Vietnam, you will find that SINOTRUK HOWO trucks are travelling everywhere in Vietnam.
In addition to complete vehicles, engines and other auto parts also have a high market share in Vietnam. In Vietanm, Yuchai engines rose by over 20% year-on-year in the first eight months of this year as the automotive market there recovered gradually. In particular, Yuchai represented a 48% market share in the heavy truck tractor and 80% share in the 8×4 freight truck segment in Vietnam. Currently, Yuchai engines have been widely used in automobiles, ships and power generation equipment in Vietnam, with a total ownership of nearly 150,000 units. In addition to SINOTRUK, SHACMAN, Hongyan, Foton and JAC are also doing well in the Vietnamese market.In recent years, COVID-19 pandemic has created an explosion of online shopping, leading to tremendous growth in logistics services for short-haul, long-distance deliveries, which in turn increases the demand for small trucks for deliveries.
Looking forward, a new surge in demand is expected with the global transmission to zero-emission commercial vehicles.
- Qingling Isuzu Delivers First Batch of VC 61 to Mongolia 2022-05-17
- JAC Turns over 100 Trucks to ZTO Express Vietnam 2022-03-28
- JAC Vietnam Ends the Year 2021 with Multiple Orders 2022-01-21
- Dongfeng Liuzhou Motor’s Export to Vietnam Exceeds 5000 Units 2021-12-13
- 24 Dongfeng Tractors Were Delivered to Vietnamese Customer for Express Service 2021-11-30
- 50 Units SAIC Hongyan Tractors Set Sail to Vietnam 2020-06-15
- Yuchai Engines Continue to Strengthen its Presence in Vietnam 2019-12-02
- Yuchai Exported 13L Heavy-duty Engines to Vietnam 2019-12-01
- Yuchai Subsidiary Establishes New Business Enterprise in Vietnam 2019-11-22
- ZF Opens First Plant in Vietnam 2019-11-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Half of Vietnam Truck Imports Are from China?
- New Energy Light Trucks Become the New Track for Enterprises to Compete
- SANY Got Its Second Lighthouse Factory Approved by WEF
- Notice on Closure of Office During National Holiday
- National Fuel Cell Technology Innovation Center Officially Launched in Shandong
- CIMC Posts Record-high Overseas Revenue and Profit in H1
- FAW Jiefang Forms a New Energy Vehicle Joint Venture with Battery Giant CATL
- 2022 Discovery & Trust Truck Users Survey Campaign Starts
- What Makes CAMC's Battery-swapping Tractor a Superstar in NEV Market
- GEELY, Yuexiu Reached a ¥3 Billion Cooperation on Battery Swapping Heavy Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- September Pickup Truck Sales Went up 9.4% from August in China
- FARIZON New Energy Light Trucks Took the First Place for 9 Consecutive Months
- Sales of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Sales On Rise in September
- China’s Pickup Sales Continued Robust Growth in August
- New Energy Heavy Trucks Saw 127% YOY Growth in August 2022
- Top Ten Heavy-duty Truck Players in August
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 54% YOY to 48700 Units in July
- FAW Jiefang Reports 42% YoY Increase in Overseas Sales in H1, 2022
- NEV Dumpers Surge 503% YoY to 2745 Units in the First Seven Months
- China's Pickup Truck Sales Went Up 19% in June