Weichai Releases World's First Commercialized High-power Metal-supported SOFC
JINAN, SHANDONG, China, March 23, 2023 /chinatrucks.com/ -- On the morning of February 18, 2023, Weichai released the world's first commercialized large-power metal-supported SOFC product, which has achieved a record-breaking combined heat and power (CHP) efficiency of 92.55% for high-power SOFC systems.
In May 2018, Weichai Power strategically invested in British SOFC technology company Ceres Power, becoming its largest shareholder. Weichai has invested 2 billion yuan in total, and the two sides have set up a research and development team consisting about 100 PhDs. After 5 years of efforts, the team achieved SOFC technology engineering breakthrough, a comprehensive control of the new generation of SOFC key core technology.
Weichai's latest product is the world's first commercially available high-power metal-supported SOFC product with a system power of 120 kW, supporting modular installation and can be scaled up to megawatt-level power. The product’s CHP efficiency has reached 92.55%, the highest in high-power SOFC systems worldwide. It has achieved significant technological breakthroughs:
1. The product has achieved a CHP efficiency of up to 92.55%, the highest in high-power SOFC systems worldwide.
2. Weichai is the first in the world to use the latest generation of metal-supported SOFC technology, which has outstanding advantages such as low operating temperature and strong resistance to thermal shocks compared to traditional electrolyte-supported and anode-supported technologies. The product has overcome the technical difficulties of operating temperatures from 800℃ to 600℃. The system's number of start-stop cycles is more than four times that of international competitors, and its start-up speed is more than three times that of international competitors, reaching the international leading level.
3. The product has passed 39 certification tests for the European CE certification by the international authoritative testing institution TÜV SÜD.In addition, SOFCs have the advantages of fuel flexibility, green low carbon emissions and the absence of precious metals. They can use a variety of fuels such as natural gas, hydrogen, gas, biomass gas and methanol. SOFCs using natural gas can achieve over 30% reduction in carbon emissions compared to conventional natural gas generators. Weichai’s SOFC product has been demonstrated in the Weichai Fuel Cell Industry Park and the Weifang Energy Group, accumulating more than 30,000 hours of operation, achieving a breakthrough in commercial operation. The product can provide efficient electricity and thermal energy supply, greatly reducing customer energy costs and has good economic benefits.
- First Weichai NEV Light Trucks Shipping to Ecuador 2023-11-28
- Weichai and Bosch Join Forces for Future Technological Innovation 2023-11-07
- Global Strategic Partners of SINOTRUK Visit Weichai 2023-09-04
- Weichai Exported Its First Electric Light Trucks to Philippines 2023-04-07
- 500 Weichai NEV Light Trucks Were Put into Service 2022-10-25
- Additional 1100 Units! Weichai’s Hydrogen Fuel Cell Are On a Fast Track 2022-09-02
- Weichai Launches Three High Horsepower Engines 2022-08-12
- Tan Xuguang Won the Highest Honor As an Outstanding Entrepreneur in Shandong 2022-02-16
- Weichai Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles to Undergo Extreme Cold Road Test 2022-01-20
- Weichai Aims to Perform a Leadership role in Large-scale Mining Equipment 2021-12-08
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Sale of the New MAN eTruck Starts
- Scania Adds Powertrain Production to Its Production Base in Rugao, China
- FOTON and Piaggio Group Extend Their Partnership to Electric Light CVs
- Notice of Office Closure During National Day Holiday
- SANY Attends Construction Indonesia 2023
- SANY's Vietnam Subsidiary Grandly Opened in Hanoi
- XCMG Leads the Way in Sustainable Manufacturing
- 2023 Global Energy Transition High-level Forum Opened in Beijing
- SINOTRUK Attends Mining Indonesia 2023
- BYD Ranks in Top 10 Kantar BrandZ Most Valuable Global Brands in Auto Category
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Exported 507,000 Trucks from Jan.-Sept., Up 21% YoY
- China Exported 65,000 Trucks in July, Up 17% YoY
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022