Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
Several Chinese heavy truck manufacturers have lifted their sales target for this year following higher sales during January-July and potential increased demand in the coming months.
Domestic sales of heavy trucks rose to 960,000 units during January-July, up by 31.4pc from a year earlier, driven by increasing infrastructure construction following the easing of the country's Covid-19 outbreak and the government's drive to eliminate and replace old and used trucks to meet stricter emissions standards. The rising sales of heavy trucks are expected to boost demand for metal feedstocks such as aluminium, magnesium, silicon and steel.
FAW Jiefang has raised its 2020 sales target to 350,000 units from 300,000 previously after selling 264,900 during January-July, up by 38pc from a year earlier.
China National Heavy Duty Truck Group sold 144,700 units during January-July, up by 25pc from a year earlier. The firm has lifted its sales goal to 250,000-300,000 units for 2020 from 200,000 planned previously.
Sales from Shaanxi Automobile Group increased by 19pc to 130,600 units for January-July, with it aiming to sell 220,000-250,000 units this year compared with an initial target of 200,000.
Foton Automobile has not updated its sales target. Its sales increased by 81pc from a year earlier to 92,965 units during January-July. The company is likely to meet its target of 100,000 units in August.
Demand for trucks with less emissions are expected to continue to strengthen for the rest of this year in line with China's plan to reduce air pollution. More than 1mn units of ageing heavy trucks are required to be replaced in Beijing and Tianjin cities, as well as Shanxi and Shaanxi provinces by the end of 2020, according to market participants.
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April