Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
In January this year, sales of heavy trucks in China declined 57 percent on year to a total of 78,000 units compared to 183,400 units in the same month last year, while up 36 percent month on month. Besides, the full-year China sales of heavy-duty trucks in 2021 reached 1395,000 units, down 14% on year.
Chinatrucks noted that multiple factors contributed to poor sales number for heavy-duty trucks in January. Those included:
1. The sales of heavy-duty trucks indicated a big year-on-year decline in January primarily because of the high base of comparison in the same month last year, which hit a record high of 183,400 units for last January.
2. In December 2021, heavy truck sales in China dropped by 47.5% year-on-year to 57,500 units, with sales only slightly higher than the number in August, October and November of that year, and lower than the 58,200 units monthly average in the second half of 2021. This is one of the main reasons why January has seen an increase on a monthly basis.
3. As Chinese New Year holiday approaches, the demand for heavy-duty trucks remains at weak levels, coupled with some factors like insufficient supply, limited production, more trucks than goods, less infrastructure projects, high stock have persisted since May, 2021.
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021