China's FAW keen on auto manufacturing unit in West Bengal
First Automobile Works (FAW) of China has evinced an interest to set up an automobile manufacturing unit in West Bengal. A FAW delegation
on Monday called on chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee at Writers' Buildings.
Earlier in November 2008, senior FAW officials had visited the Tata Motors' abandoned project site at Singur to explore the possibility of setting up an automobile unit there. FAW can also hold talks with the Tata Motors to take the abandoned Nano site in future.
A senior official of the chief minister's secretariat told newsmen after the meeting: "FAW is yet to submit a formal proposal to the state government, but it is interested in setting up an automobile unit in West Bengal. The company officials have already visited Singur and liked the site. They have informed us that around 600 acres would be needed for setting up the unit. They can also hold talks with Tata Motors to take the abandoned facility of the latter at Singur."
However, since the state government leased over the 645.67 acres for 90 years to Tata Motors at Singur, FAW could not directly take over the land from Tata Motors. If Tata Motors returns land to the state government FAW can approach the state government for possession of the land. However, state commerce and industries secretary Sabyasachi Sen said that if Tata Motors wanted to continue the lease, which is renewable in every year, the state government will not have any objection. Tata Motors will have to pay its annual lease rental by mid-June.
Regarding the visit of five-member FAW delegation, Sen said, "The company is now conducting a study on the Indian market. After completing the study, FAW will submit a proposal to the state government."
- 209 Jiefang J6P Tractors Were Delivered to Mongolia 2022-04-02
- FAWDE’s Engine Export Increased by 37% YOY in Q1 2022-03-31
- Over 100 Jiefang Heavy Trucks Are Delivered for Railway Construction in Nigeria 2022-03-07
- FAW Jiefang Put into Operation Its J7 Smart Vehicle Plant 2021-12-20
- FAW Jiefang: Overseas Sales to Account for 10% of Total Sales by 2025 2021-11-26
- FAW Jiefang and ZOOMLION Continue to Deepen Their Strategic Partnership 2021-11-25
- FAW Group Participates the Second China-Africa Economic And Trade Expo 2021-09-30
- FAW-Eastern European Company Set Sales Record of Over 1000 Units for CV 2021-08-24
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July 2021-08-23
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle 2021-07-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021