VW Partners with JAC to Form Light Commercial Vehicles JV
Volkswagen Group may expand cooperation with China's Anhui Jianghuai Automobile (JAC) beyond electric cars to jointly develop and build light commercial vehicles in the world's largest car market.
VW and JAC announced in June they were to set up a joint venture to develop and build EVs as VW increases its efforts to achieve the Beijing government's production and sales quotas for new-energy vehicles.
On Monday, VW said it was looking at deepening the cooperation with JAC to include the design, technology, product quality and development of light commercial vehicles.
The venture would include combustion-engined and alternative-energy powered vehicles. It would be owned equally by JAC and VW and would be based in JAC's home town of Hefei, VW said.
"VW Commercial Vehicles has a growing number of loyal customers in China," executive Joern Hasenfuss said. "But there are significantly more opportunities," he said without elaborating.
Under the tie-up, VW and JAC could jointly tap growing demand for light pickup trucks in China while VW would also save customs duties by building its Multivan and Caddy vehicles at JAC facilities, analysts said.
It's also the latest evidence of VW's foreign expansion not being confined to its passenger car operations.
In September, VW's commercial vehicles arm started building the Amarok pickup truck in Ecuador with local partner FISUM after starting production of the box-type Caddy model at a new multi-brand facility in Algeria two months earlier. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- JAC Hands over 100 Trucks to ZTO Express Vietnam 2022-03-28
- Batch of JAC Refrigerated Trucks Were Delivered to Jordan 2022-03-23
- 1000 JAC Pickups Get Ready to Be Exported to Mexico 2022-03-16
- JAC’s Combined Pickup Sales Exceeded 5000 Units in January, Up 51.7% YOY 2022-02-25
- JAC Electric Light-duty truck Became Brazil's Best-selling Vehicle 2022-02-21
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance 2022-02-18
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021 2022-02-16
- Cummins Announced It Plans to Acquire Jacobs Vehicle Systems 2022-02-14
- Setting a New Record! JAC Creates a Number of Firsts in Peru 2022-01-24
- JAC Vietnam Ends the Year 2021 with Multiple Orders 2022-01-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021