IAA Hannover 2014: Renault and Iveco win International Truck and Van of the Year Awards
www.chinatrucks.com: Renault Trucks’ range T and the Iveco Daily have been crowned International Truck and Van of the Year 2015 respectively.
The Renault range T, which scored 129 votes and beat the Daf CF (81 votes) and Mercedes-Benz Atego (49 votes) into second and third place, was praised by the jury for representing a huge step forward over the Premium and Magnum it replaced.
Speaking at the IAA Commercial Vehicle Show in Hannover, Germany, on Tuesday, International Truck of the Year chairman Gianenrico Griffini said: “The new range T combines the best features found in Renault Trucks’ previously successful models together with the advanced functions built into its latest generation of heavy-duty products. The result is one of the most significant new truck launches for many years”.
Collecting the award, Bruno Blin, president of Renault Trucks, commented: “I am certain that recognition of the T’s qualities by specialised, independent journalists from 25 European countries, will be a powerful argument for winning over new customers.”
Meanwhile, the Iveco Daily (95 points) emerged as victor in the hotly contested International Van of the Year competition, with the Mercedes Vito (68 points) and the Ford Transit (44 points) finishing in second and third place respectively.
The tough decision was made by a panel of 23 leading commercial vehicle journalists who voted the Iveco to the top spot ahead of a shortlist of five other vans and a total of 12 new light commercial vehicles that have been launched this year.
Commenting on the Iveco Daily winning the coveted title, Jarlath Sweeney, International Truck and Van of the Year chairman, said: “Congratulations to Iveco on designing and producing an excellent range that includes panel vans and chassis cabs with a broad choice of powertrains from diesel, natural gas and electric and from next year two 4x4 versions. It is the second time that Iveco has won this award, the first was back in 2000, and as on this occasion also, well deserved.”
On receiving the IVoY 2015 trophy at the IAA gala dinner, Pierre Lahutte, brand president of Iveco said: “The New Daily is a major step forward in improving TCO, comfort, driveability, productivity, and sustainability. We would like to dedicate this award to our customers who every day count on this reliable and dependable working companion.”
- Groupe Renault Sets Its New Strategy for China 2020-04-16
- Renault and JMCG Officially Establish a Joint Venture for EVs 2019-07-18
- Renault and Brilliance Sign Agreement to Accelerate LCV Sales in China 2018-10-18
- Renault Electric Trucks to Go on Sale Next Year 2018-02-06
- Renault Trucks Stepping Up Presence in Iran 2017-09-28
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Make China's Trucks And Vans Go Electric 2017-08-01
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Electrify China's Trucks And Vans 2017-07-12
- Groupe Pigeon receives the 800,000th Trucks made at the Renault Trucks plant 2017-05-04
- Renault Trucks Secures New Euro 6 Range T Order from TAS Transport 2013-10-14
- Volvo Aug Truck Shipments Fall 4 Percent Year-on-Year, Hit by Product Rollout 2013-09-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021