ZF Attends 2021 Volvo Auto Asia-Pacific Science Day on Sustainable Development
China, July 23rd, 2021 -- July 21 marks 2021 Volvo Auto Asia-Pacific Sustainable Development Science Day. This year’s event is themed with Cooperation in Fighting Against Climate Change, aiming to further deepen cooperation among businesses in the auto industry to cut carbon emissions.
As one of Volvo’s key business partner, ZF brought its latest technologies and products on display. While maintaining the high safety and performance standards of vehicles, ZF has been making relentless efforts to reuse spare parts on used cars. In addition, it aims to cut vehicles’ emissions by cutting their body weights.
Fully aware of its social responsibilities, ZF is fully committed to remanufacturing spare parts for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and non-road engineering vehicles, including steering systems, automatic transmission gearboxes, control units, braking calipers for passenger cars, steering systems, axles, manual and automatic transmission gearboxes for commercial vehicles.
Currently, ZF Shanghai Remanufacturing Center is capable pf producing 6-, 8- and 9-speed transmission gearboxes and related valves. So far, it has already built a huge pool of long-term customers.
According to ZF, its second generation integrated braking control system IBC has cut its body weight by over 20% compared with its predecessor and performs impressively in recycling braking power. ZF electronic parking braking caliper EPB also adopts light-weight materials and thus effectively reduces the energy consumption.
In addition, ZF passive safety system has successfully cut its weight by optimizing its modular design. Its independently developed fabric casing, which replaces metal casing, enables its knee airbag (KAB) to lose its weight by 30%.
By introducing composite plastic stabilizing rod, plastic stabilizing rod, three-point aluminum control arm, ZF has help vehicle’s chassis further cut its weight.
It is also revealed by ZF that the company aims to realize carbon neutrality by 2040, ten years earlier than the goal set by Paris Climate Agreement. To promote more sustainable development, it has been making unrelated efforts in various areas, fully demonstrating its determination to cut carbon emissions. The company’s short-term goal is to cut carbon emissions by 80% in 2030 compared with that in 2018.
ZF has also joined World Economic Forum Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders. In doing so, it aims to make all its business partners fully aware of its commitment to promoting sustainable development and carbon-free economy.
- ZF Celebrates 500,000th TraXon Transmission System Produced in Friedrichshafen 2022-04-20
- ZF Breaks Ground on Its Fourth R&D Centre in China 2022-03-25
- ZF Meets 2021 Sales And Earnings Targets 2022-03-18
- ZF Marks 40th Year in China 2021-11-19
- ZF Sales Goes Up 43% YoY for H1, 2021 2021-08-02
- ZF Jiaxing Homebase Commits ZF to More R&D Activities in China 2021-06-30
- Auto Shanghai 2021: ZF is Driving Intelligence for Software-defined Vehicles 2021-04-16
- ZF CEO: China Is the Most Promising Market 2020-08-10
- Volvo, Daimler And Traton Agree On JV Charging Network for Europe 2021-12-27
- China Premier: VOLVO Trucks To-Be-Locally-Produced Flagship Model FH 2021-11-09
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021