ZF Attends 2021 Volvo Auto Asia-Pacific Science Day on Sustainable Development
China, July 23rd, 2021 -- July 21 marks 2021 Volvo Auto Asia-Pacific Sustainable Development Science Day. This year’s event is themed with Cooperation in Fighting Against Climate Change, aiming to further deepen cooperation among businesses in the auto industry to cut carbon emissions.
As one of Volvo’s key business partner, ZF brought its latest technologies and products on display. While maintaining the high safety and performance standards of vehicles, ZF has been making relentless efforts to reuse spare parts on used cars. In addition, it aims to cut vehicles’ emissions by cutting their body weights.
Fully aware of its social responsibilities, ZF is fully committed to remanufacturing spare parts for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and non-road engineering vehicles, including steering systems, automatic transmission gearboxes, control units, braking calipers for passenger cars, steering systems, axles, manual and automatic transmission gearboxes for commercial vehicles.
Currently, ZF Shanghai Remanufacturing Center is capable pf producing 6-, 8- and 9-speed transmission gearboxes and related valves. So far, it has already built a huge pool of long-term customers.
According to ZF, its second generation integrated braking control system IBC has cut its body weight by over 20% compared with its predecessor and performs impressively in recycling braking power. ZF electronic parking braking caliper EPB also adopts light-weight materials and thus effectively reduces the energy consumption.
In addition, ZF passive safety system has successfully cut its weight by optimizing its modular design. Its independently developed fabric casing, which replaces metal casing, enables its knee airbag (KAB) to lose its weight by 30%.
By introducing composite plastic stabilizing rod, plastic stabilizing rod, three-point aluminum control arm, ZF has help vehicle’s chassis further cut its weight.
It is also revealed by ZF that the company aims to realize carbon neutrality by 2040, ten years earlier than the goal set by Paris Climate Agreement. To promote more sustainable development, it has been making unrelated efforts in various areas, fully demonstrating its determination to cut carbon emissions. The company’s short-term goal is to cut carbon emissions by 80% in 2030 compared with that in 2018.
ZF has also joined World Economic Forum Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders. In doing so, it aims to make all its business partners fully aware of its commitment to promoting sustainable development and carbon-free economy.
- ZF Marks 40th Year in China 2021-11-19
- ZF Sales Goes Up 43% YoY for H1, 2021 2021-08-02
- ZF Jiaxing Homebase Commits ZF to More R&D Activities in China 2021-06-30
- Auto Shanghai 2021: ZF is Driving Intelligence for Software-defined Vehicles 2021-04-16
- ZF CEO: China Is the Most Promising Market 2020-08-10
- China Premier: VOLVO Trucks To-Be-Locally-Produced Flagship Model FH 2021-11-09
- 30 Days Countdown to CIIE, Volvo Group Announces Participation in the Expo 2021-10-11
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China 2021-08-24
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports 2021-06-07
- Volvo Posted Unexpected Profit in Q2 2020-07-24
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Chery Rolls Off Its New Energy Mining Truck in Erdos
- FAW Jiefang Put into Operation Its J7 Smart Vehicle Plant
- JAC Kazakhstan Plant Rolls Off Its 40,000th Vehicle in 2021
- SANY Factory Certified as World’s First Lighthouse Factory in Heavy Machinery
- FAW Jiefang and ZOOMLION Continue to Deepen Their Strategic Partnership
- SAIC Light Truck EH500 Electric Sanitation Vehicle Obtains EU Certificate
- 30 Days Countdown to CIIE, Volvo Group Announces Participation in the Expo
- SANY to Attend the Second China-Africa Economic and Trade Expo
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Top Ten Sales in New Energy Light-duty Trucks in October
- Top 10 Export Markets for Chinese Trucks in JAN.-SEP. 2021
- Top Ten New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Brands
- Top Ten Sales in New Energy Light-duty Trucks in September
- China Top 10 Tractor Head Performers in September
- Top Ten Sales in Heavy-duty Truck Market in September
- Light-duty Truck Sales Increased by More Than 30 Percent MOM in September
- JMC Pickup Sales Went Up by 13% YOY From January to September
- Sales Revenue Doubles in 50 Countries: SANY’s Internationalization Acceleratin
- SAIC Maxus' Sales Volume for Sep. Reached Record 17,684 Units, Up 25% YOY