ZF Attends 2021 Volvo Auto Asia-Pacific Science Day on Sustainable Development
China, July 23rd, 2021 -- July 21 marks 2021 Volvo Auto Asia-Pacific Sustainable Development Science Day. This year’s event is themed with Cooperation in Fighting Against Climate Change, aiming to further deepen cooperation among businesses in the auto industry to cut carbon emissions.
As one of Volvo’s key business partner, ZF brought its latest technologies and products on display. While maintaining the high safety and performance standards of vehicles, ZF has been making relentless efforts to reuse spare parts on used cars. In addition, it aims to cut vehicles’ emissions by cutting their body weights.
Fully aware of its social responsibilities, ZF is fully committed to remanufacturing spare parts for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and non-road engineering vehicles, including steering systems, automatic transmission gearboxes, control units, braking calipers for passenger cars, steering systems, axles, manual and automatic transmission gearboxes for commercial vehicles.
Currently, ZF Shanghai Remanufacturing Center is capable pf producing 6-, 8- and 9-speed transmission gearboxes and related valves. So far, it has already built a huge pool of long-term customers.
According to ZF, its second generation integrated braking control system IBC has cut its body weight by over 20% compared with its predecessor and performs impressively in recycling braking power. ZF electronic parking braking caliper EPB also adopts light-weight materials and thus effectively reduces the energy consumption.
In addition, ZF passive safety system has successfully cut its weight by optimizing its modular design. Its independently developed fabric casing, which replaces metal casing, enables its knee airbag (KAB) to lose its weight by 30%.
By introducing composite plastic stabilizing rod, plastic stabilizing rod, three-point aluminum control arm, ZF has help vehicle’s chassis further cut its weight.
It is also revealed by ZF that the company aims to realize carbon neutrality by 2040, ten years earlier than the goal set by Paris Climate Agreement. To promote more sustainable development, it has been making unrelated efforts in various areas, fully demonstrating its determination to cut carbon emissions. The company’s short-term goal is to cut carbon emissions by 80% in 2030 compared with that in 2018.
ZF has also joined World Economic Forum Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders. In doing so, it aims to make all its business partners fully aware of its commitment to promoting sustainable development and carbon-free economy.
- ZF Sales Goes Up 43% YoY for H1, 2021 2021-08-02
- ZF Jiaxing Homebase Commits ZF to More R&D Activities in China 2021-06-30
- Auto Shanghai 2021: ZF is Driving Intelligence for Software-defined Vehicles 2021-04-16
- ZF CEO: China Is the Most Promising Market 2020-08-10
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China 2021-08-24
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports 2021-06-07
- Volvo Posted Unexpected Profit in Q2 2020-07-24
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells 2020-04-24
- Volvo Trucks in North America Demonstrate Electric Heavy Duty Trucks 2020-02-13
- Volvo Develops Heavy-duty Electric Concept Trucks 2019-12-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY