CATL Saw Its Net Profit Increase by 82% in H1, 2022
CHINA(chinatrucks): Contemporary Amperex Technology Co Ltd (CATL), the world's largest maker of batteries for electric vehicles, nearly doubled its net profits in the first half of the year, despite rising raw material costs and supply chain disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In the first six months, the company saw its net profit surge 82 percent year-on-year to 8.2 billion yuan and revenue rally 156.32 percent to 113 billion yuan. The company referred in its financial statements that the growth was mainly due to strong demand for batteries both inside and outside of China .
Data released by the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers shows that cumulative domestic sales of new energy vehicles reached 2.6 million units, up 115% year-on-year in the first half of 2022, which drove rapid growth in demand for power batteries. Global power battery usage from January to June 2022 reached 203.4 GWh, up 76.8% year-on-year.
However, rising metal prices, especially lithium, squeezed CATL's EV battery margins to 15.04%, from 22% at the end of 2021. CATL said it has taken measures to ease the pressure of rising costs by signing long-term contracts with suppliers, recycling materials and negotiating a dynamic battery pricing scheme with automakers.
CATL, based in Ningde, Fujian province in eastern China, has so far produced electric vehicle batteries in China only. However, The Company is accelerating its expansions in overseas markets, especially Europe. Earlier this month, CATL announced it would invest 7.34 billion euros to build a 100 GWh battery plant in Debrecen of east Hungary, which is also its second battery plant in Europe following its German plant. The battery plant still under construction in Thuringia, Germany, with a capacity of 14 gigawatt hours per year, will go into production by the end of this year.
CATL's market share in the global EV battery market reached 34.8 percent in the first half, expanding its lead by a further 6.2 percentage points over a year ago, according to data from SNE Research.
- CATL Among Top 50 Forbes China Most Innovative Companies 2022-08-26
- China's CATL to Build Its Second Battery Plant in Europe 2022-08-15
- CATL Extends Partnership with Yutong for Another 10 Years 2022-08-10
- CATL and Ford Announce Global Strategic Cooperation to Promote EVs Worldwide 2022-07-22
- CATL Unveils New Qilin Battery with a Range of 1,000 Km on a single charge 2022-06-24
- SANY Kept Driving Construction Machinery Towards Electrification 2022-04-27
- CATL Partners with Indonesia to Boost E-mobility with $6B in Investment 2022-04-19
- CATL Announces Strategic EV Battery Partnership with Lightning eMotors 2021-12-15
- CATL-Beiben Agree to Continue Working to Deepen Cooperation 2021-10-28
- NEV Dumpers Surge 503% YoY to 2745 Units in the First Seven Months 2022-08-25
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Forms a New Energy Vehicle Joint Venture with Battery Giant CATL
- 2022 Discovery & Trust Truck Users Survey Campaign Starts
- What Makes CAMC's Battery-swapping Tractor a Superstar in NEV Market
- GEELY, Yuexiu Reached a ¥3 Billion Cooperation on Battery Swapping Heavy Trucks
- SANY and Pony.ai Form Joint Venture to Mass Produce Autonomous Trucks
- FULONGMA's Electric Garbage Truck Debuts at Indonesian PEVS
- SHACMAN Attends the 34th Mobil Delvac Truck Field Race in Colombia
- BYD Makes Its Debut on the Fortune Global 500 List for 2022
- Argentine Ambassador to China Niu Wangdao Paid a Visit to SHACMAN
- Hanma Tech to Stop Production of Traditional Fuel Vehicles by 2025
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- NEV Dumpers Surge 503% YoY to 2745 Units in the First Seven Months
- China's Pickup Truck Sales Went Up 19% in June
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 29% YOY to 220,789 Units in H1, 2022
- Sales of New Energy Dump Trucks Jump 476% YoY in First Five Months
- Overall Sales of SACI MAXUS in the First Six Months Hit 81,000 Units
- JMC Saw 61.09% Increase in Exports in the first half of 2022
- Total Chinese Heavy-duty Truck Market for June 2022 Reached 53000 Units
- SAIC MAXUS Sold a Total of 12,557 Vehicles in May
- Sales of New Energy Dumpers Rise by 325.9% in April of 2022
- New Energy Truck Sales Rose by 528% YOY in January to April