Singapore Welcomes the First Scania Battery-Electric Logistics Truck
SINGAPORE, August 29, 2023 /chinatrucks/ -- Singapore’s logistics sector recently took delivery of the first battery-electric truck from Scania.The truck acquired by Jasico Express Services, a local transport and freight-forwarding company – was officially handed over and launched at the premises of global logistics company, DB Schenker.
As DB Schenker’s transport partner since 1993, Jasico Express Services will deploy the new truck exclusively to support DB Schenker’s operations in Singapore.
“We congratulate both companies to be the first movers in the logistics sector to make the transition to the Scania battery-electric truck, for a more sustainable future,” said Heba El Tarifi, Managing Director of Scania Southeast Asia.
The new Scania battery-electric truck comprises an L-series cab equipped with a box and tailgate to transport logistics cargo. Its nine lithium-ion batteries, with an installed capacity of 300kWh, are capable of peak propulsion of about 295kW, 2,200 Nm and continuous propulsion of about 230 kW, 1300 Nm. The European-standard CCS type 2 plug-in connection carries out direct current charging at up to 130 kW/ 200 A.Moving forward in sustainability partnerships“The decision to invest in the new Scania battery-electric truck stems from our strong partnership with DB Schenker and our shared desire to meet its parent Deutsche Bahn green transformation goal for climate protection, nature conservation, resource protection and noise reduction,” said Neo Leong Chok, Managing Director and Owner of Jasico Express Services.
“We are thrilled to partner with Jasico Express Services to introduce Singapore’s first 25-foot electric truck for the logistics industry,” said Catherine Soo, Chief Executive Officer (Singapore and Malaysia Cluster) of DB Schenker. “This innovative step is a testament to our commitment to carbon neutrality by 2040 and to providing innovative transport solutions for our customers.”
To ensure peak performance, the truck was acquired as a total solution with charging infrastructure, vehicle optimisation and repair and maintenance services.
Electrified transport involves a complex network of interdependent elements, including not just vehicles but also charging requirements. Scania’s global sales readiness process for battery electric trucks is a systematic market-by-market approach focusing on preparing the local market conditions, workshop capabilities and customer profiles
- Scania Launches Its First All-electric European Truck in Hong Kong 2022-10-10
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021 2022-03-21
- Scania’s Production Worldwide Completes Fossil-free Transition 2020-09-01
- Scania to Deliver 75 Battery Electric Trucks to ASKO in Norway 2020-05-27
- First Batch of 40 Electric Heavy-duty Trucks Were Delivered to Customers 2023-08-10
- BYD Delivers Its First T4k Electric Truck in South Korea 2023-07-14
- DeepWay’s Smart Electric Heavy Trucks Made Its First Delivery 2023-06-02
- JAC Receives an Order of 280 Light Electric Trucks from Brazil 2023-04-17
- Swedish Mining Company to Use Volvo electric trucks for underground transport 2023-03-27
- Philippines' First Electric Light Truck Unveiled & MILER Truck Debut 2023-02-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Ranks in Top 10 Kantar BrandZ Most Valuable Global Brands in Auto Category
- World’s First All-electric Scania Car Transporter Goes into Service
- China’s First Mining Specialized Remote Sensing Satellite Launched
- SINOTRUK Delivers Full Year 2022 Results, Heavy Truck Sales Down 52.50%
- FOTON and Cummins Team up to Build a New Engine Plant in Thailand
- SANY Awarded as 2022 Forbes China TOP 50 Sustainable DEV Industrial Enterprises
- Daimler Trucks and Buses Signs Deal with XCMG Fire Fighting
- FAW Jiefang Sichuan Branch Was Officially Established
- Bus & Truck Expo Set to be Held in May 2023
- Yutong, SCG Signed MoU for Green Mining in Thailand
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 42% YOY to 53,000 Units in November
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Fell by 9% YoY to 46000 Units in Nov.