Scania Launches Its First All-electric European Truck in Hong Kong
HONGKONG, CHINA -- Scania recently launched the first European pure electric truck for the Hong Kong market, designed specifically for urban applications. With a range of up to 250 km, the Scania electric truck can operate during the whole day and still return safely to its home depot for overnight charging. If there is a need for an extended range, the driver can fast charge the truck over a break or during natural stops in operation.
Scania's all-electric trucks are available in two different versions: a 5-battery pack with a capacity of 165 kWh and a 9-battery pack with a capacity of 300 kWh. The 5-battery pack version has a range of 130 km.
Scania’s battery electric truck comes equipped with a CCS2 charging connector that allows the batteries to be charged with a 130 kW DC power supply in less than 55 minutes for 5-battery packs and 100 minutes for 9-battery packs. The truck can also be constantly charged through regenerative braking.
The original space where combustion engine was located is now the battery pack and the additional batteries are mounted on the chassis frame. Other components needed for fully electric propulsion, such as battery management units, battery cooling components, electrohydraulic steering system, electric air compressor and inverter are also mounted along the chassis frame.
The electric motors are designed for a total of 230kw (310HP) continuous power. The motor has two gears to provide high power over a wider speed span, thereby improving comfort. One of the major benefits with an electric motor compared with combustion engine is its high controllability. In practice, the customer will experience this through faster acceleration and response from the powertrain.
Scania’s new truck is equipped for a fully electric power take off. Instead of connecting auxiliaries to the interface that is usually located on the gearbox or engine, it is instead connected to an electrical connection box, called a DC box mounted on the chassis. This gives a DC link of up to 60 kW PTO for body auxiliaries such as refrigeration systems and hooklifts. The Scania electric truck is available with the L- and P-series cab, both of which are designed for urban operations. The low-floor L-series cab, particularly, is purpose-designed for congested city conditions with unrivalled visibility.
“Sustainable emission-free transport is an increasing requirement for transport companies,” says Anders Lampinen, Director, New Technologies. “Acquiring an electric truck is not just an investment in the customer’s fleet, but also in its brand and market. The electric truck enables the customer to stay ahead of the competition, learn about infrastructural challenges and start adapting for the future.”
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021 2022-03-21
- Scania’s Production Worldwide Completes Fossil-free Transition 2020-09-01
- Scania to Deliver 75 Battery Electric Trucks to ASKO in Norway 2020-05-27
- World's First 5G Electric Intelligent Heavy Truck Completes Road Test 2022-08-19
- Top Ten New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Brands 2021-11-16
- SAIC Light Truck EH500 Electric Sanitation Vehicle Obtains EU Certificate 2021-11-10
- Heavy-Duty Truck Going Electric and Expects Growth in Near Future 2017-05-09
- SINOTRUK’s Heavy-duty Trucks with Euro 6 Emission Standard First Get into HK 2020-02-26
- Scania Delivers Its 7000th Trucks in Hongkong 2019-11-22
- FAW Jiefang Electric Truck Starts Commercial Operation in Hong Kong 2018-12-24
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- World’s First All-electric Scania Car Transporter Goes into Service
- China’s First Mining Specialized Remote Sensing Satellite Launched
- SINOTRUK Delivers Full Year 2022 Results, Heavy Truck Sales Down 52.50%
- FOTON and Cummins Team up to Build a New Engine Plant in Thailand
- SANY Awarded as 2022 Forbes China TOP 50 Sustainable DEV Industrial Enterprises
- Daimler Trucks and Buses Signs Deal with XCMG Fire Fighting
- FAW Jiefang Sichuan Branch Was Officially Established
- Bus & Truck Expo Set to be Held in May 2023
- Yutong, SCG Signed MoU for Green Mining in Thailand
- CAT Displays Its First Battery Electric Large Mining Truck
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 42% YOY to 53,000 Units in November
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Fell by 9% YoY to 46000 Units in Nov.