FOTON and Piaggio Group Extend Their Partnership to Electric Light CVs
Pontedera/Beijing, 19 October 2023 – The CEO of Piaggio & C. S.p.A. (PIA.MI), Michele Colaninno, and the Vice President of Foton Motor Group, Ma Rentao, today signed a contract in Beijing for the joint development of a new range of electrically powered Porter vehicles.
The signing ceremony was attended by the Chairman of the Piaggio Group Board of Directors,
Matteo Colaninno, who met Chang Rui, Chairman of Foton Motor Group, in Beijing.
This will extend the Piaggio range of commercial vehicles with two new four-wheel electric variants, designed to meet the specific needs of intra-city mobility, with a combination of compact dimensions and a payload capacity of at least one tonne, particularly high for this class of vehicle.
The new range of electric Porter models will be manufactured in Italy, in the Piaggio Group’s Pontedera factory. Marketing will begin by the end of 2024 in the main European countries through a network of dealers who specialise in sale and support services for commercial vehicles, for maximum customer satisfaction.
The new electric Porter vehicles will feature innovative cybersecurity solutions and active and passive vehicle safety systems, including advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS). The new content will also be made available on the Porter combustion models.
Today’s agreements consolidate the positive partnership set up by the two Groups, which led to the introduction in 2021 of the first city truck, the new Porter NP6, a bi-fuel model offering compact dimensions and outstanding capacity, which has been warmly received on the European market.
- 2023 Global Energy Transition High-level Forum Opened in Beijing 2023-09-21
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales 2023-08-03
- FOTON Delivers its 11 Millionth Vehicle -- TUNLAND V Pikcup 2023-04-17
- Philippines' First Electric Light Truck Unveiled & MILER Truck Debut 2023-02-16
- New FOTON, New Value in the Post-Globalization Era 2023-01-18
- FOTON Auman High-end Mixer Trucks Rolled Off the Line in Thailand 2023-01-06
- Piaggio Group, FOTON Sign a General Deal for Joint DEV. of a New Electric LCV 2022-12-12
- CATL, FOTON to Form Joint Venture for Battery Leasing Business 2022-12-09
- Delivering the Trust: Flashing the Philipino Express 2022-11-16
- FOTON Secured an Order for 60 AUMAN EST-A AMT Trucks in Eastern Europe 2022-10-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FOTON and Piaggio Group Extend Their Partnership to Electric Light CVs
- Notice of Office Closure During National Day Holiday
- SANY Attends Construction Indonesia 2023
- SANY's Vietnam Subsidiary Grandly Opened in Hanoi
- XCMG Leads the Way in Sustainable Manufacturing
- 2023 Global Energy Transition High-level Forum Opened in Beijing
- SINOTRUK Attends Mining Indonesia 2023
- BYD Ranks in Top 10 Kantar BrandZ Most Valuable Global Brands in Auto Category
- World’s First All-electric Scania Car Transporter Goes into Service
- China’s First Mining Specialized Remote Sensing Satellite Launched
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Exported 65,000 Trucks in July, Up 17% YoY
- Half Year Review of Commercial Vehicle Sales
- China Exported 63,000 Trucks in May, Up 33% YoY
- Top 10 Best-selling Battery-swapping Heavy Trucks in China in April
- China Exported 158,000 Trucks in Q1, Up 41% YoY
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 42% YOY to 53,000 Units in November