Popular Pickup Brands Recommended by Overseas Users
China's pick-up exports have been growing strongly in 2022 and are becoming increasingly competitive in the global market. According to the China Automobile Association, its export volume in June alone amounted to 16,816 units, up 67.9 per cent year-on-year. And the cumulative number from January to June reached 80,899 units, increased by 58.7 per cent year-on-year.
Which brands were among the most popular in overseas markets in H1, 2022? Perhaps overseas users could bring us up to date.
No. 1: Great Wall Pickup
With an export volume of up to 20,000 units, Great Wall Pickup is a typical representative of Chinese pickup brands in overseas markets. Great Wall POER is the main model for export to overseas market. Currently, the Great Wall POER is available for sale in 50 countries across four continents, including Australia, New Zealand, Chile, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Egypt, with a strong market performance. Its classic WINGLE pickup has also been popular in overseas markets for many years. Great Wall has set up its own factories in many countries to assembly and help to expand its overseas markets.
Readers from Australia: I owned a Great Wall pickup when Great Wall Motors Australia (GWMA) got the P-Series launched in Australia before the end of 2020. In Australia, the pickup is mostly purchased by individuals, mainly for towing yachts or carrying some living leisure products.
No.2 SAIC MAXUS Pickup
SAIC MAXUS pickup is among the best-selling Chinese pickup truck in overseas market. From January to June, up to 21000 units of SAIC Maxus vehicles were exported, up 146% year on year. SAIC MAXUS pickup truck was launched overseas back in 2017, made Australia and New Zealand the first overseas markets it entered, followed by Chile, the Philippines and Thailand. At present, its T70, T90 "SAIC Ox" and SAIC Ox King are not just recognized as high-end pickups in China, but also popular in many developed pickup markets around the world, including the Americas, Australia and New Zealand, and the Middle East. This year, SAIC MAXUS has been accelerating the globalization of its electric pickup trucks.
Notably, SAIC pickups use the old badge in most overseas markets, however, in Thailand, the MG badge is used instead to cater for local brand reputation. Previously, it was exposed that SAIC T70 will be sold in the Mexican market under the label of Chevrolet, namely the Chevrolet S10 MAX, which will enhance the recognition of SAIC T70 in overseas market.
Reader from Qater:
MAXUS Pickup uses cutting-edge technology and gives you a great ride experience as it offers you a keyless entry features that you can just press the start button and you’re away! (to be continued)
- Greal Wall Motor Rolled Off Its 300,000th POER Pickup 2022-05-17
- Great Wall Acquires Daimler AG’s Plant in Brazil 2021-08-19
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year 2021-08-19
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H 2021-06-10
- Great Wall Pickups Make Entry into the Egyptian Market 2021-04-15
- Great Wall Set Up Auto Plant in Jingmen, Hubei Province 2020-10-21
- BYD and HINO to Form a JV for Commercial Battery Electric Vehicles Development 2020-10-21
- Great Wall Poer Put Four New Vehicle Models on Display at Auto China 2020 2020-09-30
- Great Wall Motors Sold Over 20 Thousand Pickups in August, Up 80 Percent YOY 2020-09-21
- Great Wall to Start Pickup, SUV Production in Thailand Next year 2020-06-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Hanma Tech to Stop Production of Traditional Fuel Vehicles by 2025
- First Hydrogen Fueled Heavy-duty Trucks Put into Service in Beijing, China
- Future-oriented Decision: MAN Builds Battery Factory in Nuremberg
- Yutong's New Energy Commercial Vehicle Base Project Kicks Off
- Scania China's Localized Fleet Management System S+ was Officially Launched
- Mercedes-Benz Trucks to Unveil the eActros LongHaul Electric Truck at IAA
- FULONGMA Group Makes Its Debut at IFAT, in Munich, Germany
- Empowering Smart Logistics: Transferring Cabs by SHACMAN Autonomous Trucks
- China’s First Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine Powered Heavy Truck Unveiled
- Geely Teams up with Hainan Government to Build New Energy SPV Plant in Haikou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Sales of New Energy Dump Trucks Jump 476% YoY in First Five Months
- Overall Sales of SACI MAXUS in the First Six Months Hit 81,000 Units
- JMC Saw 61.09% Increase in Exports in the first half of 2022
- Total Chinese Heavy-duty Truck Market for June 2022 Reached 53000 Units
- SAIC MAXUS Sold a Total of 12,557 Vehicles in May
- Sales of New Energy Dumpers Rise by 325.9% in April of 2022
- New Energy Truck Sales Rose by 528% YOY in January to April
- China's Truck Export Rose by 23% YOY to 36272 Units in January to April
- A Total of 52000 SAIC MAXUS Vehicles Were Sold in January-April
- China's Truck Export Rose by 33% to 99547 Units in Q1, 2021