Daimler Trucks Operations in Asia Premieres “FUSO FJ 2528
www.chinatrucks.com: Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC), one of Asia’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturers, together with Daimler India Commercial Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. (DICV), its strategic counterpart under the new Asia Business Model, are premiering two world-class, highly competitive, products at the 65th IAA (Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung) for Commercial Vehicles, one of the world’s largest commercial vehicle exhibitions, publicly open September 25-October 2, 2014, in Hanover, Germany. The FUSO FJ 2528 left-hand drive and the new BharatBenz 3143 (Concept) trucks were showcased to the media, potential customers, business associates and the general public at the fair along with other key brands of Daimler like the Mercedes-Benz, Setra and FUSO. These products were developed and designed to cater to the niche requirements of the domestic and wider choice for the export markets, respectively.
FUSO FJ 2528 left-hand drive
The new FUSO trucks manufactured at DICV’s plant in India were introduced in May 2013 and have been making rapid inroads in the export markets, effectively managed and distributed by the MFTBC network. The FJ 2528 truck is highly efficient and homologated to meet the burgeoning needs of the customers in Asia and Africa. With the new left-hand drive truck, Daimler Trucks Asia will gain access to much wider markets like Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America. The new FUSO FJ 2528 left-hand drive Euro 5 variant on display is specifically designed to cater to the requirements in Latin America.
The new FUSO FJ 2528 truck comes with (6X2) rigid application with a wider wheelbase of 4500 mm, a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 25 tons and engine power of 280 hp. With customized features and standard equipment the truck will offer better value for money for the customers. The new FUSO FJ is currently sold in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Brunei, Zambia, Kenya and Tanzania and was commercially launched in Indonesia at the 22nd Indonesia Motor Show a few days ago.
The BharatBenz 3143 (Concept), currently showcased as a concept vehicle is slated for launch in the year 2015 and is specially designed keeping in mind the ultimate requirements of the Indian mining sector. Highly researched and meticulously engineered, the BharatBenz 3143 (Concept) will be made and sold in India, targeting the niche deep-mining segment, hitherto operated by highly priced premium deep-mining trucks from global players. With high levels of localization, the product will offer the Indian mining truck owners an unbeatable value proposition and higher return on investments. Developed on the existing heavy-duty truck platform – the Mercedes-Benz Axor platform – the BharatBenz 3143 (Concept) is the first truck with higher horsepower (430 hp) optimally engineered to meet the most demanding operating conditions at the mining sites. The BharatBenz 3143 (Concept) will first be available in heavy-duty mining variant with short wheel base that meets the mining regulations of India. The truck is capable of carrying heavy-loads up to 48 tons suitably crafted for Indian usage patterns. BharatBenz 3143 (Concept) comes with highly efficient equipment and operator controls that are aptly required for Indian operating conditions. BharatBenz follows the low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) value methodology across its range of products and the new BharatBenz 3143 will be a perfect example to validate.
Speaking at the event, Dr. Wolfgang Bernhard, member of the board responsible for Daimler Trucks and Daimler Buses, said: “India is a strategic market for Daimler Trucks globally. Its long term market potential is intact. Our new products and our investments in new dealerships are proof of our long-term commitment to India. We will continue to expand our product line-up. By now, it should be clear that we intend to be a main player in the Indian CV market.”
Dr. Albert Kirchmann, MFTBC President & CEO and Head of Daimler Trucks Asia, said, “While our Canter trucks at the Show with three different drivetrains – diesel, hybrid, and electric – represent our traditional strength and leadership in advanced engineering, these robust trucks developed for the growth market exactly show our synergies taking effect in our Asian operations at MFTBC and DICV. We are determined to further strengthen our footprint and penetrate deeper with the addition of these new products into our already available comprehensive product portfolio.”
Sharing his views on the new products, Mr. Marc Llistosella, MFTBC Senior Vice President and Head of Marketing, Sales and Aftersales, Trucks Asia & DICV, said: “It is highly imperative to have product suiting every requirement of every customer. We have established a solid base in India and Japan and we are witnessing the change that it has made for Daimler in Asia and African markets. The new product from BharatBenz, the 3143K (Concept) will reinforce our commitment to the Indian truck market and the new FUSO truck has been a great success in export markets since its rollout. We will continue to re-invent and address the markets innovatively.”
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021 2022-03-25
- Daimler Truck Sales See 20% Increase in 2021 2022-01-24
- Volvo, Daimler And Traton Agree On JV Charging Network for Europe 2021-12-27
- Three ConMet Plants Receive 2020 Masters of Quality Supplier Award from DTNA 2021-11-17
- Daimler Truck AG and Cummins Inc.Announce Global Plan for Medium-duty CV Engines 2021-02-24
- Daimler Plans Separation into Two Pure-play Companies 2021-02-04
- Daimler to Revamp China Plant to Make Mercedes-Benz-branded Actros Truck 2020-11-18
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture 2020-11-03
- Mercedes-Benz Access to New Target markets with Actros F and Edition 2 2020-09-29
- Daimler Unveils GenH2 Hydrogen Fuel-cell Concept Truck 2020-09-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021