Hongyan Launches World’s First 10000-unit Hydrogen Heavy-duty Truck Project
INNER MONGOLIA, CHINA, October 14 /chinatrucks.com/ - SAIC Hongyan held a ceremony on October 13, 2021 to mark the groundbreaking for world’s first 10-thousand-unit hydrogen-powered heavy-duty trucks project in Erdos, Inner Mongolia China. With a total investment of 20 Billion Yuan, the project is expected to reduce 500,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide after its construction is completed.
The project covers a total area of about 1200mu (approximately 80 hectares) and will be implemented in two phases.
The first phase of the project, which is expected to be put into production by the end of 2022 or perhaps early 2023, has a capacity to produce up to 12000 units of new energy heavy-duty trucks, 3000 hydrogen fuel cell batteries and hydrogen systems per year. The second phase, which is scheduled to go into production in 2024, aims to increase annual production capacity to 24000 units of new energy heavy-duty trucks, 5000 hydrogen fuel cell batteries and hydrogen systems.
At the ceremony, SAIC Hongyan and Maxus delivered their hydrogen-powered trucks to their customers respectively. Not only this, SAIC Hongyan also signed a deal with China Guodian (Inner Mongolia) New Energy Co., Ltd. to supply 200 hydrogen-powered trucks, and a deal with Inner Mongolia Baotou Steel Union Co.,Ltd to supply 300 electric heavy-duty trucks to further promote eco-friendly transportation in Inner Mongolia.
With the completion of the new project, SAIC Hongyan will be able to better meet the rapidly growing needs for new energy vehicles, together with its manufacturing base in Chongqing. By further integrating its new energy strategic resources in both upstream and downstream, Hongyan will help promote the implementation of ecological layout in the new energy heavy-truck industry and lead the way towards sustainable transportation.
The first phase of the project, which is scheduled to start production by the end of 2023, will occupy a construction area of 27750 ㎡ and start to construct a new assembly plant, test track and other necessary facilities for new energy heavy-duty trucks. The second phase is expected to be completed and put into operation by the end of 2024. Under the second phase, one new cab welding and painting workshop are being built and the general assembly plant will be further expanded, with an additional building area of 45,000 square meters.
In August this year, Inner Mongolia Hydrogen Propulsion Technology Co., Ltd. was established in Erdos city as a wholly owned subsidiary of Hydrogen Propulsion Technology Co., Ltd. Hydrogen Propulsion Technology Co., Ltd. will take the chance in China’s largest hydrogen-power market for ushering in a new stage of growth. The production line of Hydrogen Propulsion Technology Co., Ltd. will also be divided into two phases. The first phase to build fuel cell battery and hydrogen system, expected to be put into operation in October, 2022. The second phase would be finished by 2024 with fuel cell stack production line further extended.
SAIC Hongyan Hydrogen-powered Heavy Truck is fitted with a fuel cell system, which is independently developed by JieHydro. The fuel cell system enables clients to access world-class power density and efficiency, and can effectively meet the demand for multiple applications with the hydrogen consumption per 100 kilometers as low as 7.5kg- 14kg.
- SAIC Hongyan’s First Hydrogen-powered Heavy-duty Truck Rolled off the Line 2022-01-17
- SAIC Hongyan Delivers First Batch of KINGKAN Dumpers to Lao Mining Company 2021-12-06
- HONGYAN's First Hydrogen-powered Trucks Start Operation in Ordos 2021-11-23
- Hongyan H6 Displayed at 2021 World Intelligent Connected Vehicles Conference 2021-09-27
- SAIC Hongyan to Build World's First Production Base for Hydrogen-powered Trucks 2021-07-22
- 64 Units Hongyan Heavy-duty Trucks to Arrive in Turkmenistan for Operation 2020-10-29
- 290 Hongyan Military Trucks Participate in Fighting Floods in Cambodia 2020-10-13
- First Batch of 18 Hongyan Trucks Delivered to Uzbekistan as Scheduled 2020-09-01
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June 2020-07-22
- Hongyan Engineering Trucks Delivered for Use in China-Laos Railway Construction 2020-07-06
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021