BYD Rolls Off a Driveless E-drive Cabin-less Terminal Tractor
CHANGSHA,CHINA, November 15 /chinatrucks.com/ -- On November 11, the first batch of cabin-less terminal tractors rolled off the production line at the BYD’s Changsha plant. This launch will lead BYD into a whole new chapter in the field of full electric special-purpose vehicles and marks a significant step towards the self-driving technology.
The cabin-less tractor was jointly developed by BYD and Fujian Zhongke Yunshan Information Technology Co., Ltd., which the company will unveil in November at 2021 Conference on Intelligent Port. At the conference, it will showcase numerous innovative automation technologies and port application solutions, providing a good model to support the terminal’s intelligent upgrades both at home and abroad.
With the deepening of strategic cooperation, both sides, based on their respective advantages, have jointly launched this cabin-less smart tractor, which is among the best in its class. The key technologies and components of the vehicles including the new appearance, threetype chassis and battery, motor and electric control system are all independently designed and developed by BYD. The vehicle is 6495mm long, 2550 wide and 2045mm tall and can haul up to 31.5t with a wheelbase of 3550mm. Based on “Cloud Platform+Vehicle-Road Collaborative Control (5G Communication) + drive-less technology, It will help you improve the transport efficiency at ports.
The truck head are integrally made of detachable FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastics), making it simple to install. Two access panels with rotating top cover were installed to provide easy access to the interior repair and maintenance from both front and rear.
To address the customers’ need, BYD has designed a brand-new platform for chassis to work with a fully integrated 282kWh lithium ion battery, drive axles with 210kw+4 gear AMT transmission, electric control system with high/low voltage converters and management system of battery system. With the unique advantages of high safety, fast response, and high efficiency, it enables the port intelligent operation system to access with the vehicle, fully meets the daily operation needs for heavy load at the ports, and could effectively solve the contradiction between driver shortage and business development.
- BYD Signs COP26 Agreement to Speed Up EV Adoption 2021-11-18
- BYD to Send 28 New Energy Vehicles to Laos 2021-07-26
- DHL Adds More BYD Electric Trucks to Its Fleet in U.S. 2020-11-26
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil 2020-09-02
- BYD Rolls Off First New Energy SPV From Its Plant in Huai'an 2020-07-08
- SANY Inks Deal for Another 500 Electric Trucks 2021-11-30
- Top Ten New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Brands 2021-11-16
- SAIC Light Truck EH500 Electric Sanitation Vehicle Obtains EU Certificate 2021-11-10
- Scania to Deliver 75 Battery Electric Trucks to ASKO in Norway 2020-05-27
- BYD to Deliver First 20 Electric Trucks to Ecuador 2020-03-10
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- SANY Factory Certified as World’s First Lighthouse Factory in Heavy Machinery
- FAW Jiefang and ZOOMLION Continue to Deepen Their Strategic Partnership
- SAIC Light Truck EH500 Electric Sanitation Vehicle Obtains EU Certificate
- 30 Days Countdown to CIIE, Volvo Group Announces Participation in the Expo
- SANY to Attend the Second China-Africa Economic and Trade Expo
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Top Ten Sales in New Energy Light-duty Trucks in October
- Top 10 Export Markets for Chinese Trucks in JAN.-SEP. 2021
- Top Ten New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Brands
- Top Ten Sales in New Energy Light-duty Trucks in September
- China Top 10 Tractor Head Performers in September
- Top Ten Sales in Heavy-duty Truck Market in September
- Light-duty Truck Sales Increased by More Than 30 Percent MOM in September
- JMC Pickup Sales Went Up by 13% YOY From January to September
- Sales Revenue Doubles in 50 Countries: SANY’s Internationalization Acceleratin
- SAIC Maxus' Sales Volume for Sep. Reached Record 17,684 Units, Up 25% YOY